Calling all runners who are active on MFP!!

Options
Looking for friends who are runners, active/comment on MFP and eat above their BMR! :)

I graduated C25K in November 2011 and have been running ever since. Completed a dozen 5k's, a couple of 5 milers and currently training for the Nike Womens Half Marathon in Washington, DC!

Replies

• catherine_88
    Options
    Am I included in this? Lmao
  • katseguin
    katseguin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great job! I started running last spring. I am a proud mommy of 3 little girls and running was/is a quick way to burn calories. I'm now a running addict:) I've only ran a handful of organized 5k's but run at least 3 days/week (in addition to strenth training at least 5 days/week) I recent'y finished my first sub 60 minute 10K (58 minutes, 56 second:) I'm also training for a Half Martahon in Winnipeg Manitoba this June.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Since I was planning on doing the warrior dash last september, solely as a test of my fitness I had to start running sometime around last April. In July I walked/ran a 10k, I've been running at least a race a month since July, primarily 5ks but I have a few longer races scheduled for this year, I will be running that 10K again and this year I will run the whole thing (except maybe the drink stations).

I'm planning for a 1/2 marathon in the fall and a bunch of us are doing the tough mudder in August but that isn't about time, it's about finishing at all.

Running was a necessary evil and has since become my perferred activity.

Friend me and you can peek at my diary.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Thanks!! Added!
  • jbwalker77
    jbwalker77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a runner! I have done several half marathons and I just completed the Chicago Marathon. I haven't really been running lately due to some personal issues, but I am such a funk that its been hard for me to get back out there. I think that I am going to start with a 5k and plan for a fall half and maybe a December marathon!
  • jasonj24680
    Options
    Me and fiance just started several weeks ago. I've lost 10 pounds while she has lost 7 pounds. Can't wait for more to come off.
  • EvaD12
    EvaD12 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi

i'm training for my first 1/2 in May you can add me if you want. I'm on MFP a bit but track my eating through Jillian Michaels using a bodymedia armband and I do eat above my BMR!
  • glenhutchison
    Options
    You should get the app 'run keeper'- I found it useful, good for competing with your mates if your in to running- I found it a great motivator with training.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I run, stopped for a month cause I got sick & was not game enough to start again till I knew my stomach could take it..... started again today.... did 10km.... my normal run. Easy.

A whole month off & I still went right into my normal length. I have a 10k run in 22 days.... I'm back & ready for it.

Only took up running about Aug -Sep last year.....and went right into the hard stuff. No C25K for me.... nuh uh.... run till I drop.... and for me...that's never. I have to force myself to stop.

BTW get Zombies! Run...... I swear if it was not for that app I would not have done as many runs as I did.
  • Lily26Wal
    Options
    Hiya i am an active runner. I am doing my first half marathon in may. feel free to add me