Cardio question

Options
I know you can plateu after a month of doing the same thing. But can I keep up my 45 - 50 mins on the elliptical and 30 minute strength then add something else? I just don't want to lose the elliptical because I feel like I burn my most calories when I use the elliptical.

Replies

• nbulger
    nbulger Posts: 12
    Options
    I think your fine to keep the elliptical if you want. Perhaps if your machines have different programs you can experiment with them. Like for example I do mini goals for each week; Week 1 might be to increase the distance in each session while keeping the time the same, Week 2 you could keep your heart rate above a certain range for the most amount of time not including your warmup. Week 3 only go backwards, Week 4 try a program that you don't usually like-for me it would be the intervals I like the manual and usually make it so I go up a hill with increasing resistance then a little easier at the end. If your gym has the elliptical's with the arms moving and you don't usually use those you could try those out too. The key thing is not to do the same workout all the time, mix it up and try different things to challenge yourself.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You're not really on a plateau as long as progress is still being made. That said, many people can last much MUCH longer than a month doing the same cardio workout and still get success.

I've been doing Turbo Kick since I was obese and I am still losing body fat each week. It's been 3 years so far.