Newbie at 46!

Options
Hi everyone! I am a 46 year-old married woman, with three children. I have recently joined myfitnesspal.com and so far, I like it, although finding a bit hard to log in every little food I eat. It is something I have never done before!

Nonetheless I am committed to the program and hopefull that I can put my weight back on track.

I weigh 95 kg (210 pounds) and I feel awful,So it's time to try to lose weight this time not only with exercise but watching food portions.

I want to live a long life. I want to die when I am very old. Want to see my children grow and live their lifes, see grandchildren... I know it won't happen if I continue letting things go this way. So as hard as I know it's going to be I am committed.

I do need some friends here for support. Everyone is welcome but I am aiming to know people around my age as we can relate better.

Feel free to add me as a friend, if that appeals to you. :)

Replies

• shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm 42 with two children, and they were a large part of what motivated my weight loss. I've met my goal but am still figuring out maintenance and working on fitness. I'd be happy to give you support and encouragement if you'd like to add me.
  • RhondaRho
    Options
    I'm 59 - My mantra for 2013 is "Sexy and Sixty" (I might change to Sensational at Sixty though. I'm 5'8" began at Christmas at 219 and down to 202 now. Friend me if you'd like!
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My name is Amber and I am 33 with 2 children and in a similair situation. I am 210 pounds also, trying to reverse diabetes. As far as the log goes, try a pocket notepad and just jot throughout the day...ex 1/2 cup rice 1/4 large apple toast, etc then just give yourself 10 minutes at the end of the day to log it all in at once. Thats just one way to do it. I do everymeal so I can see where I am at calorie wise. Jot down water intake and excersize too. Hope this helps. I know sometimes its hard to find time for new things.
    You can friend me if you like.
  • piritaoro
    piritaoro Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love what you have done for yourself, plus hubby on tow!

Good on you!
  • piritaoro
    Options
    Great job!

I think with your motivation and sense of humor, you are already half way there! Way to go!
  • piritaoro
    Options
    That is great advice, thanks!
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    I'm a 46 year old Newbie too!

I'm on holidays and been doing well but know I'm pretty much a lounge lizard (especially since we just had a HIGHEST TEMPERATURE EVER RECORDED IN SYDNEY today.

Can't wait to go back to work, as a teacher, I know I'll be run off my feet .. and most days I'll walk to and from work (this is a new school before I had a 30 min drive .. now it's a 30 min walk ... WIN!)

I've enjoyed logging my food/exercise and when i go and add something I keep being reminded that I need to drink some water so that's a bonus.

I decided late last year that it was time to get healthier. My mother has diabetes and had a bipass (though she's never been as big as me but she's been inactive and a heavy smoker at one time) so I too started thinking about not wanting to die at an early age.

Bonus is that my fiance and I, after 5 years of engagement, finally set a wedding date and now I have another goal to work toward. I won't be anywhere near my goal weight, but I'm hoping I don't have as many wobbly bits and my face looks slimmer in the photographs! :)

Hardest thing is deciding what size wedding dress to buy!