Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is It a Good Idea,?

I only ate about 600 calories today. It is now 2:30 in the morning, and I'm hungry. Should I just go to bed? Or try to make up for some of those extra calories now..?

Replies

• sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    If you are hungry then eat! Why just go to bed- You will probably sleep better with food in your tummy and truthfully your body needs it- your body did not get the needed fuel to function properly today.

Bigger question is why only 600 calories- that is insanely low!
  • I'm sorry, but 600 calories is very unhealthy!!! Aim for at least 1200...your body NEEDS the nutrients...don't starve it :(
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    One day is not a big deal - it will be if you make a habit of it though
  • SouthGippyGirl
    SouthGippyGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Go to bed and eat normal cals tomorrow. Don't stress.
  • If you are hungry then eat! Why just go to bed- You will probably sleep better with food in your tummy and truthfully your body needs it- your body did not get the needed fuel to function properly today.

Bigger question is why only 600 calories- that is insanely low!

I was busy! I swear I wasn't even hungry until now though. I think my body's been in starvation mode for a loooooong time now, and I just haven't noticed because I haven't been tracking my food intake. Eating 1200 calories is actually pretty hard for me to do. Not that I don't love food!
  • One day is not a big deal - it will be if you make a habit of it though

The thing is though.. I kinda have made a habit out of it. Like I said, eating 1200 calories is a challenge most days.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    One day is not a big deal - it will be if you make a habit of it though

The thing is though.. I kinda have made a habit out of it. Like I said, eating 1200 calories is a challenge most days.

Then you need to try to eat more. Pick calorie dense foods. No offense, but it really should not be hard.

2 oz almonds: 320 calories
    1 avocado: 320 calories
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    I am naked from the waist down and my legs are very very cold. Should I put on some pants?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Try planning ahead if you are having trouble eating enough calories. If you make a plan that has enough calories on it, it is easier to stick to the plan and eat what's on your list than to just wing it and hope you'll be OK before the middle of the night. I plan ahead for an entire week. It also helps saves money at the grocery store as I only buy those certain things I need for that's on the plan.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I am naked from the waist down and my legs are very very cold. Should I put on some pants?

Nah, you just need a blanket. Or a Snuggie.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member

Nah
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Pants!