Open food diary

Options
I am new here and discovered your food diary is closed to everyone untill you change the settings. So for all of the newbies and oldbies (if don't know this yet). To change the settings.

1. click the food tab at top
2. on second line that shows tab for food diary, go to the far right side and click setting tab.
3. Check what you want.
a. Just you to see food diary
b. Just your friends to see food diary
c. Everyone on MFP to see food diary

Hope this helps :)

Replies

• Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Very helpful thanx.
  • Schnell117
    Schnell117 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's very helpful seeing other food diaries isn't it Rainey? I see different foods and get ideas on how to keep the calories down etc.
  • SaucyPea
    Options
    Honestly? I wouldn't recommend sharing it. If anything? Put a password on it and give the password to your 'good mfp friends'. You get judge, criticized. Then some people go and upload a topic about why you track your birth control without confronting you first. :mad:. But each to there own, just be ready to be criticized left, right and centre! Good luck :bigsmile:
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I wouldn't recommend sharing it. If anything? Put a password on it and give the password to your 'good mfp friends'. You get judge, criticized. Then some people go and upload a topic about why you track your birth control without confronting you first. :mad:. But each to there own, just be ready to be criticized left, right and centre! Good luck :bigsmile:

If you're getting judged and criticized from your food diary, you need to delete these people :/ we're here to support each other. We're all in the same boat! x
  • SaucyPea
    Options

If you're getting judged and criticized from your food diary, you need to delete these people :/ we're here to support each other. We're all in the same boat! x

I have deleted them, around 7 of them.. haha. But I'd rather just keep it on password for now. :bigsmile:
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options

I honestly think that most people are not trying to be rude about it, they are actually trying to help you get everything you need. Sometimes it comes across as rude, but I take it as they are trying to make sure I get all of my nutrition as well as lose weight. For instance someone saw mine yesterday and told me I needed more protien and fats. He was right. I can up the protein but I have to watch the fat content in my diet for my own personal medical reasons. I explained that. He gave me a great suggestion on adding more protein without alot of calories. So I learned something.

It is up to you totally. If you dont like getting advice, then yes turn it off because it can be frustraiting, but if you are looking for help here then leave it on and who knows, you might find the clues to losing the weight and keeping it off
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'd love suggestions on my food diary. If I'm wrong, tell me POLITELY :laugh:
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It's very helpful seeing other food diaries isn't it Rainey? I see different foods and get ideas on how to keep the calories down etc.

Yes, it helps me out too :)
  • RaineyLaney
    Options

Let them criticize me. I am a big girl, I can handle it. (those that criticize usually are the ones who haven't figured losing weight out or life in general. They are unhappy within themselfs and have to find fault with others to feel better)

Me, My food diary is an open book here. I feel if something I am doing helps just one more person on their weight loss journey, Then the criticisim is worth it.
  • SaucyPea
    Options

Let them criticize me. I am a big girl, I can handle it. (those that criticize usually are the ones who haven't figured losing weight out or life in general. They are unhappy within themselfs and have to find fault with others to feel better)

Me, My food diary is an open book here. I feel if something I am doing helps just one more person on their weight loss journey, Then the criticisim is worth it.

No, I mean.. criticise that you should be on 600 cals a day. Thats stupid or ask on the message boards why people track a certian thing but don't confront you? If you get what I mean! I'm big myself.. :/
  • RaineyLaney
    Options
    Everyone is different, and everyones food needs vary. (some do to life styles, health issues, medicines etc). If someone says something to you, don't take their word, go look it up on google and see what is recommended from reliable sources. (like American heart Association, American diabetic association etc).

Some people like to fad diet and feel their way is the right way, while others have found that fads don't do it in the long run. It may be they were trying to be helpful (even if they were way off). You should look at it that way, helpful vs criticising