Losing weight for the ? time! Could use some support.

Options
Hey guys,

I am a 26 year old girl from Holland and I am trying to lose 13 kg's. The first few days, maybe even weeks, I am very motivated! But after a couple of weeks I do not lose that much weight anymore and I relapse. I start binging and binging.

Now I am 1.78 cm and weigh 78 kg. :blushing:

Therefore I could use some support from other people who know what is means to struggle with you weight. Just a little peptalk here and there? And I will give peptalks back of course! :):flowerforyou:

xoxo

Replies

• AskingTooMuch
    AskingTooMuch Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing; get super excited to do well on the 'plan' for the first little while, and then I'll get bored or frustrated and give up. We can do it though! Good luck!
  • Dunrick
    Dunrick Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello Jojan;

Allow me to put forward a new idea don't try and lose the weight as much as change how and what you eat which will cause you to lose weight. If you just diet for the short term it will only come back. It is a permanent change in how you eat that will remove the weight and keep it off.

David Diaz
  • Jojan_neke
    Jojan_neke Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
    You are right! We CAN do it! :)
  • Jojan_neke
    Options
    Hey David,

You are totally right! I am trying to do that now. Choosing other, healthier foods.
    But it is hard and when I relapse, I only eat very unhealthy. So I know how it works, its the sticking to the plan thats hard!
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    when you start feeling down on yourself and feel yourself giving up. Look at the motivational page. I have been on a yo yo diet for 2 years and am just tired. Decided I need to really take care of myself before I end up with some health issues. So I know where you are coming from as far as giving up after a few weeks.
  • Jojan_neke
    Options
    Thanks for the great tip!

I also started a motivational blog for myself with pretty pictures of the beach and all healthy foods! This has to keep me upbeat for sure!