Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just bought my first HRM!!

Eeeek, Just purchased a shiny new Polar FT4!

I do a couple of classes (aerobics, step) and my own cardio sesh at the gym a week, and wanted to accurately know how much I was burning, so thought If I am going to do this properly, I hope I dont' look like one of those 'all the gear, no idea' type gals!

I have also ordered the NROLW book after recommendations from a friend, so gonna have a good read over and maybe progress to this.

Im feeling ready this time.......

Also, quick q, I am a Nurse on a busy unit, could I technically set this up that if I wore the chest strap for work with the watch in my pocket (have to be bare below elbows) that I could see an average of calories burned at work?!

Replies

• i purchased the FT4 last week and I work so much harder at the gym now just to see those calories burn off. You don't have to wear the watch as long as its close by! x
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Congrats on the new HRM. I doubt it will be very accurate for wearing at work. For that type of measurement you need one of those BodyMedia type devices (my wife wears one to see total daily calorie burn).
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Congrats on the new HRM. I doubt it will be very accurate for wearing at work. For that type of measurement you need one of those BodyMedia type devices (my wife wears one to see total daily calorie burn).

Yes, I thought that may be the case.... a fit bit or such.
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Just a little update, wore my ft4 to the gym today, did 29 mins and burned 260 calories, Didnt even know I was wearing it, very comfy and its nice to see an accurate personal calorie burn.
  • My heart rate moniter was way off from the machine at the gym. The machines said i burned 565 and in reality, I was at 355, it is so helpful. I've been getting better results with it.