F6 vs body bugg

Options
I got my body bugg last week and have been wearing it and love it BUT today I decided to compare it to my polar F6 during my workout and now I am so confused!?! I worked out (p90x and treadclimber) for 90 min and it was a hardcore, shirt and shorts soaked kinda workout and my ending reads were: polar says I burned 1023 calories HR between 179-203 and the body bugg says I burned 680 so as you can see this is a BIG jumb so is there anyone who could offer me some help as to why there would be such a big difference? THANKS!!!xoxo

Replies

• MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cpatt
    cpatt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I just started using my BodyBugg last week and would love to know the answer to this question as well.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    When I was researching whether I wanted to get a high end heart monitor, or a body bugg, I read that heart rate monitors are estimators when it comes to calories burned. It estimates based upon your heart rate, but to properly estimate calories burned so much more info was needed. From what I saw when looking everything up, I read that body buggs, GoWear Fit, etc. were more accurate.

I would love to know if anybody else has any more info on this...........
  • exercisediva
    Options
    I love my body bugg and after all the research I did before purchasing, It is more accurate than a heart rate monitor. The monitors normally estimate calories burned.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Normally I would say go with the BodyBugg. It's reportedly more accurate. I've also seen some of the estimates for heart rate monitors and they seem really high to me. However, it does seem like 600 calories for a solid 90 minutes of high intensity work out is a little low.....

Not sure what to tell you.
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    well I think what I am going to do is put it in as 1023 because either way I am gonna struggle to eat all those workout calories and hopefully it all works out lol
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    Options
    I love my body bugg and after all the research I did before purchasing, It is more accurate than a heart rate monitor. The monitors normally estimate calories burned.

You get it!!!!

I sync my Bodybugg before and (asap) after I complete all my workouts...I would go with the bodybugg...
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    Options
    well I think what I am going to do is put it in as 1023 because either way I am gonna struggle to eat all those workout calories and hopefully it all works out lol

Good luck,
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I was wondering which P90X workour you were doing?
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    core synergistics yesterday and cardio x today...