Hi all! I'm new.

Options
When I decided to get this app I had no idea I could do so much on it. I returned to it last night to find that this plan is something I think I could do. I have really let myself go. I need support to help me along the way. I have gained 25lbs and had to buy new clothes. My clothes in my closet are 3 different sizes to reflect my "growth". I won't go any where except work and necessary shopping. Can anyone else use a fitness pal friend? I sure can.

Replies

• PatriciaToney
    PatriciaToney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I am new to MFP also. I stumbled on it this morning looking for sushi calorie counts and thought I would give it a try. I have at least 50 pounds to lose. For many years I could eat anything I wanted because I lived an active lifestyle. I still do because of my job but things changed in the last few years and now trying to lose weight. I would love to have a friend to journey with.

~Tricia
  • hspower50
    Options
    Tricia, we can do this! I am very optimistic today but I am sure we will go through times that won't be so good. That's when we will need to encourage each other!
  • ObiRenKenobi
    Options
    I can lays use more fitness pals! Add me :)
  • shonacon
    shonacon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning Tricia and Brovic 3...

Welcome. So happy we all want to make positive changes . I too am new and so far love this app.
    I have to have accountabilty and it is important to make changes in my portions and what I eat.
    My workouts were useless if I do not clean up my food.
    Let's add each other as friends and keep in touch.
    I have 20 pounds to lose. I am currently participating in the BODY FOR LIFE CHALLENGE. Going on week 3.

Have a great Friday.
    Shona
  • PurpleCupcakes101
    Options
    I sure can...I am new here as well.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    All of you are welcome to add me to your friends list! I'm just the right amount of sweet and spicy -- sweet meaning encouraging and spicy meaning..."annoyingly blunt".
  • AdrianPT
    Options
    hello its nice to see so many people interested in fixing their body and fitness I'm adrian a personal trainer and if u want i can provide you with a great program which will leave you amazed and happy afterwards if you can look yourself in the mirror and decide you want to change then i will make that happen
    lets get fit for summer 2013
    and well done for all those joining up
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    you guys can add me... it works... support helps.
  • Edwardo27
    Edwardo27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The support network is amazing here. I am also new! Adding you all :)
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Everyone can feel free to add me, too! I've been on MFP since mid-September and am closing in on 20 pounds gone...I'm even 1.5 pounds below my goal weight, so this definitely works! The support I've found from the MFP community is wonderful, and the more friends, the merrier!!

Karen
  • abigail132
    Options
    I would love to get some friend requests from any of you guys! I love the support it really helps and I'd like to give some in return :-)
    Sometimes all it takes it a friendly chat to get you back on track :-) I love forward to hearing from you!

All my love Abbie xo
  • PatriciaToney
    PatriciaToney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! I know we can. I am still figuring out how this site works and what my friends and public can see since I put most stuff on private. I just did a Leslie workout. I was an avid walker in my Blue Shield days. I am surprised after 1 mile and a warm up I was laughing cause I was worn out. I have a sneaking suspicion that she had a break cause she changed her clothing. LOL And to think this because my husband is taking me out for sushi. I tried to get him to join but his response was he doesn't do self help.
  • My3Sons1051
    My3Sons1051 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me as well... I would love more Motivational buddies! :)
  • amyhayden3
    Options
    good morning everyone feel free to add me too i could use the support and motivation tooo i have about 70 pounds to lose
  • Smileyem555
    Options
    Hi, You can say I'm new. I first started actually last year January, but stopped after a few days. A few of my co-workers use this site and they are looking/feeling good. I saw their progress, I'm going to try it again and this time, I am determined to lose 100 lbs (I gained 15 pounds since last year). I need all the help I can get. I can't get up from the couch with out struggling, I can't walk and talk with out running out of breath and I'm always feeling so tired. I went down hill after I retired from the military reserves. I have a middle school age daughter and she needs me around :smile:

We can do this!!!! Exercised everyday and watching what I eat. It's hard on the eating part. I love food and I went to culinary arts school. So, I need all the motivation I can get.