how oftern should i record my weight

Options
How oftern should i be recording my weight is it once a week is it every 3 days can anyone help me i am new to MFP

Replies

• Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I do once a week
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That depends on your level of self-discipline and courage.

I weigh myself every day because I am still learning about what works for me. (day 58) I use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my daily totals (weight, loss per day, calories, carbs, protein, fat, sodium, water, and comments)

When I get stuck at a weight, rather than get defeated (as I always did before when I weighed every day), I look at what I am doing to see if all is well, or if it's just water weight. If I am doing it fine, I stop weighing myself for a few days. But that's me.

You may approach your world very differently from how I approach mine.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    How oftern should i be recording my weight is it once a week is it every 3 days can anyone help me i am new to MFP
    Monthly to start with, then weekly or when you can be bothered.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but record it once a week.
  • pangy1958
    pangy1958 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Once a week on the same day, I find this works for me.
  • scanners107
    scanners107 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do it every Sunday morning at the same time.
  • Sam_Jayne
    Options
    I go to my local boots chemist and weight every monday morning at around the same time,hope this helps.Good luck :)
  • tifflf82
    Options
    I do once a week same day.
  • silvajewl
    Options
    I weigh and record everyday. You'll see spikes here and there, but you can see the general direction of loss or gain. It takes the pressure off stepping on the scale once a week...and keeps you in check. If you notice the number rising as you're heading toward your week mark, you can make the needed changes and head it off at the pass.

It takes a little getting used to, but it works for me.