New to MFP... gonna do it this time!!!

Options
Ok this is my first time using one of these apps or any kind of tool actually other than the usual "Ok, this year I am going to get healthy" self motivation talk that usually only lasts a couple of weeks. Any tips or words of inspiration or motivation would be greatly appreciated. Anyone reading this please feel free to add me and I will return the favor with some words of encouragement and support of my own. Let's do this!!!!

Replies

• Em05us
    Em05us Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My main advice would be to always log everything, Even if you dont eat healthy one day LOG it in. Dont feel guilty if you mess up. This is a lifestyle change not a diet.
  • jenr32star
    jenr32star Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I had been logging everything on paper by myself but I always went to this website to find out calorie counts of food so after 10 days of diet and exercise on my own I decided to join today. If you stick to it you can do it!
  • AshleyPao
    Options
    Like they said above, log in EVERYTHING! It allows you to see what you put in you're body. Also, I cant stress this enough, drink A Lot of water. It's so important for loosing weight. There's this app i use called "water my body" that tells me how much water i should be drinking a day, and it reminds you to drink it. Other than that, besides obviously exercising, you should be fine(: Good Luck! i started about a week and a half ago, and i already lost 3 pounds and 1 1/2 inches off my waist.
  • anital1974
    anital1974 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks to each of you, this is just my 3rd day so I am logging everything. Good luck to you all on your goals!!!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    first, as one that has been on here over 2 years, you can achieve your goal and maintain it. two, like it was said, definitely log, it lets you know whats working and whats not, three, do drink lots of water, and 4, definitely friend those that are going to give you lots of encouragement. even after 2 years, i still need it too.
  • shilsinger13
    Options
    Good Luck!! I also joined recently, We can do this! I have found it very helpful to log my food, it makes me really look at what I am eating.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for 12 days and it has been great and the support is great
  • anital1974
    anital1974 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone, I definately appreciate all the support and encouragement, I am going to need it. I love the food diary and it really does make me sit back and think about what I am eating and how I can improve my choices. The exercise part is tough for me due to the fact that I have a serious ankle injury and my doctor even said I shouldn't be worrying about exercise right now (pretty sure I am looking at surgery, again) but I am trying new things that aren't to vigorous and using my lunch break at work to get in some extra walking! Good luck to all!!!
  • joepayer
    joepayer Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am also new to the site. Good luck and log everything. I just had a setback last night and went back and added it to yesterdays totals.