Thinner FEET?

Options

Replies

• MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I actually have gone from wearing a size 11 to a size 10.
  • Debbs83
    Debbs83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I thought I was losing my mind!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I had plenty of fat on the top of my feet. Hobbit feet, even. It wasn't that my feet necessarily got that much shorter, but they aren't 14" thick now. So, less thick-foot means that I can fit it down inside a smaller shoe.
  • GrammyPammy145
    GrammyPammy145 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yep. I not only can't wear my wedding band anymore, I need new shoes too! I can tighten up my work out shoes but not the regular ones.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yup. Wen't from a 9.5 back to an 8.5.
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yes i had the same thing happen to me as well. I was wearing a size 16 EE which is very wide, however after losing 100lbs i dropped to just a regular 16. since your body gains weight as a whole and stores fat your feet are included and they can retain fluid and based on how your body distributes fat or weight gain will determine the swell of your feet as well. i have also had to purchases new glasses because as my face and head began to shrink down i realized my glasses kept slipping down my nose lol great problems to have :smile:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I hope not
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Yes. At 335 lbs I was wearing a size 11 1/2 wide shoe. Now at 200 lbs I wear a size 10. No wide, just 10.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yes, my size 3 shoes are loose now, extra socks required with my walking boots. Specs are slack and sitting further down my nose, it was ages before I realised why I was needed to push my specs up every few minutes :blushing:
  • Terrytriesharder
    Terrytriesharder Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My feet size will vary a huge amount simply based on how much sodium I have eaten recently, I will go from barely being able to get my shoes on to having them loose almost to the point of falling off within a couple of days of eating right.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yep! I went from a 9.5 to a comfortable 9. It was one of the most unexpected parts of losing weight!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    My very first NSV was being able to fit into a pair of Dansko Clogs that I bought online and couldn't stuff my feet into until last summer.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yes! I went from a 9/9.5 to an 8/8.5. My goal shoe size is a solid 8. :P
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yes. At 335 lbs I was wearing a size 11 1/2 wide shoe. Now at 200 lbs I wear a size 10. No wide, just 10.

Wow! That must make shoe shopping a lot easier! :)
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Yup! I've gone from being between an 8 and 8.5 to a solid 8. I have a pair of dressy heels that I'd only worn once or twice in the past, and they were way too loose when I wore them for an event recently.
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Also, sometimes when you loose enough weight your arches are under less stress so you'll need different shoes because the ligaments are able to work properly and so your foot shape may change.
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yeah, happened to me too. I went down 1.5 sizes in my shoe size =)

Please God let it happen for me...

I know this may seem like a largely female concern..lol...but i need SHOES:angry:
  • Nicki_101
    Nicki_101 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes, happened to me... I went from shoes being slightly uncomforable to the point I bought a few a half size up to now my 8.5 fit well and I had to give away my 9's... I agree with Nicki_101.. it's hard to find 8.5 mediums US Size - on sale!

Sometimes if 9's are really cheap, its worth it to sock stuff....lol (unless they are pumps then your messed)
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I dropped a lot of water weight from my feet as I lost weight (less pressure on them and more activity). Now they're starting to lose fat weight.

I've gone from a 9WW to an 8.5W. I wore an 8W in high school, when I weighed 160, so that's probably where I'll stop. I doubt my feet are going to get any shorter, and I can't change my bone structure.
  • catsinpajamas
    Options
    50 lbs meant I couldn't wear any of my beloved shoe collection. I went down a half to a whole size.