What to do with this bird?

Options
PBsMommy
PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
I have some leftover, frozen turkey in the freezer I want to use. Any suggestions on something yummy for the cold weather? Crockpot ideas would be a bonus! Few ingredients would be an even better bonus!

Replies

• MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Granted its "leftover" and therefore, cooked, shred it up and use it for tacos :)
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    Granted its "leftover" and therefore, cooked, shred it up and use it for tacos :)

Thanks! I will probably just do this, quick and easy...
  • Clm81401
    Options
    I use left over frozen turkey/chicken for Al A King with cauliflower rice or brown rice.
  • cat_g_83
    cat_g_83 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mix it with a tomato based sauce and you can have it over pasta or baked potatoes. Very winter warmer. X
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I would boil it in a large stock pot with a ton of garlic, thyme, basil, black pepper for a couple of hours, move to a collander (save the stock), pick out the bones, add back to the stock, add the meat back to the stock, diced cooked bell peppers, onions, minced garlic, diced tomatoes, okra, maybe some smoked sausage. Make a roux, add to stock mixture, stir in shrimp at the end. GUMBO!
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! I'm gonna run them by the hubby and see which one he likes... He will probably go for the tomatoes and pour it over some potatoes. I didn't even think of that! :)