coffee creamers???

Options
I love coffee but cannot stand it straight up. Usually at work i use a powdered creamer and sweet n low. the powdered creamer i know is pure crap for you. When i have coffee at home I use liquid creamer which is mainly just artificial flavoring and sugar lol. Anyone have any alternatives or ideas for something better to use? I switch it up to hot tea every now and then but when its summer time in AZ hot tea is just not realistic.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I use coconut creamer or almond milk
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Are you opposed to dairy products, like real half & half or milk?

Or how about soy milk or almond milk, if dairy isn't an option?

I personally use either real H&H or full-sugar full-fat liquid creamer, whichever we have in the house. I'm not overly concerned about the calories in my coffee because it's my happy place and it's how I choose to spend some of my calories.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    F-it...there are some things I don't tamper with, coffee being one of them. I switched to green tea but when I want it, I just have it with full fat flavored creamer!

OR...throw regular coffee in a blender with ice and vanilla whey protein and have an iced latte.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Whole foods has an organic creamer that's 10 cal per tbsp. It's pretty good with no artificial anything.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Typically I use SF or FF French Vanilla creamer-which is pretty much all junk, but I like it. However when I run out I switch to almond milk and a splash of real vanilla. It's pretty good and I should probably just switch over to this all the time.
  • dbparra
    dbparra Posts: 21
    Options
    I love this paleo creamer: http://followingmynose.com/2010/10/a-primal-non-dairy-coffee-creamer/
    After I got used to it i got lazy and just use coconut milk...
  • tbtanga
    tbtanga Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love LandOLakes Fat Free Half+Half. Tastes rich, no weird flavors and basically no calories. Enjoy!
    Coffee snob from Europe
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I use "So Delicious" brand coconut milk french vanilla creamer in my coffee at home, but I still put some of the crappy Coffeemate creamer in my oatmeal because it's insanely delicious.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Torani syrup sugar free - 0 calories these come in a ton of flavors so good!
    fat free powdered creamer - 10 calories
    and no calorie sweetner - 0 calories
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    FF Skim Milk and cinnamon..... mmmmmm.

When I worked in an office, I would premix it in a small container and leave it in the fridge. I would shake is viciously before adding it to the coffee because I liked the frothy milk.
  • webg
    webg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Like you, cutting out coffee or drinking it straight up is not an option! I chose to drop 18% cream for half and half the last time I did a big push and still lost 80lbs having coffee the way I like it. I cut back on coffee but never cut it out.:drinker:

I'd suggest nothing light as they just replace the fat with sugar so it's no better for you. I've never agreed with fat free products, just limit the amount of dairy fats and use good fats where you can.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Get the single serve shelf stable packs of creamer and just keep it in your desk. OR if there is a fridge, just store your creamer in a drawer or some other inconspicuous place. OR...bring your creamer in a milk of magnesia bottle and store that in the fridge...NO ONE will steal that!! ;)
  • wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    have you tried finding a really good coffee? i am on the verge of being a coffee snob, however my finances cannot afford the good stuff for daily drinking. excellent beans are wonderful for a nice cup of black coffee, but the crap at the grocery store/target, etc is gross, so i have to doctor it up a little. as long as you are not drinking 1/2 coffee 1/2 creamer in your cup, to calories are not much to worry about. to each their own.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I will never give up my half and half creamer and sugar....
  • Sleepynita
    Options
    I just discovered coconut creamer. The first time I had it I noticed the coconut flavor, but by the second time I didn't notice it anymore. 5 cals a TBSP can't be beat.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    just checking back and amazed at all the different feedback and options.

Thanks so much
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I live in the subtropics also and usually have my coffee iced.

I put in about 1 cup of skim milk and 1-2 tbsp of full-fat vanilla creamer (I drink one 20 ounce lidded plastic tumbler of it a day, hence the 1 cup of skim milk). No sugar (because the creamer adds sweetness). I love my coffee light and sweet, and I've made it this way for a long time. You can get very easily get used to a more healthy alternative without sacrificing.

If you're in AZ, try your tea iced. I drink iced green tea with a bit of organic agave syrup for sweetness. Quite yummy.

On that note, I'm going to try some of the other suggestions because they do sound delicious also.
  • MSP107
    MSP107 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use Coffee Mate sugar free Hazelnut 2 carbs per serving but so worth it to me I love my cofee and creamer