I turned 30 today...

Options
SarahofTwins
SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
I'm in the 30s club now...Woo hoo :tongue:

Anyone feel like their 30s were better than there 20s?

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nah...20's are better! Lol

Happy Birthday. I'm in the last couple of days of my 30's....lets see what the 40's bring!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    30's are SO MUCH BETTER!! Now, I might be biased, because most of my 20's were spent in grad school, so I was broke. But, my 30's have been great. I'm half way through!
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Damn... I'm turning 30 in May and I'm sure hoping my 30's are way better than my 20's!!!

Happy birthday to you!
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm still in my 20's but I'm looking forward to my 30's! With every year that passes, my life seems to get better and better.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    better?

my 30's are better (i'm not finished with them yet), i think.

i'm getting different things out of my 30's than my 20's so it's hard to compare. My 20's i went out and drank a lot and partied with friends. I lived in small apartments (mostly) off of the little money i made, but somehow made enough to pay all my bills and still go out. i walked to the bar most nights.

in my 30's i drink a lot and party... differently. Instead of tailgating with 30 pack of Natty Light and a fast food burger, we have mixed drinks, a grill, a table. i will go out with friends and have drinks and be home by 11:00, rather than leaving at 11:00. I got married at 30. had a child at 35. i live in a house (that, technically, I bought when I was 27). i have savings!

so if your question is really "can i party just as hard and not skip a beat?" then the answer is probably no. if your question is "can they be better?" then "yes."

happy birthday - you have the power to make your 30's completely awesome
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 later this year, and I'm not dreading it at all.

I think we spend most of our 20s trying to figure out who we are and establish our lives and careers. The 30s are when we get to enjoy it!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 30s club now...Woo hoo :tongue:

Anyone feel like their 30s were better than there 20s?

Happy birthday! I'm turning 39 in March. I can honestly say that my thirties were *much* better than my twenties. Enjoy!
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm 34. I had awesome 20s but I am very happy in my 30s
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    30s...way better than 20s. Seriously.

Happy birthday!
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Totally loving my 30's....:)
  • glittersupernova
    glittersupernova Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same question! I am in my late 20s and am curious as to what experience in the 30s range is like. I mean...oddly, my 20s have not been super active in the stereotypical sense of partying and such. I have been continuing my education and will be for a long time until I finish my goal of medical school. I would like to think that days get better as we go along :) but I suppose life is really what You make of it for yourself...so, I just have to keep active and stay involved in enjoyable activities/social circles.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! It's all downhill from here.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!

I'd say different, not better or worse but different.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I wasted 20s by having kids the minute i turned 20. I turn 30 next month, and said kids are now old enough to tie their own shoes, so already life is looking up.

I'm super looking forward to 40, though. I'm going to make up for lost time during my planned midlife crisis.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking that this morning actually. Somewhere around 30, adulthood starts to click!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I wasted 20s by having kids the minute i turned 20. I turn 30 next month, and said kids are now old enough to tie their own shoes, so already life is looking up.

I'm super looking forward to 40, though. I'm going to make up for lost time during my planned midlife crisis.

I couldn't even drink alcohol on my 21st birthday because I was 8 months pregnant. LOL!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm hoping they are great and when my kids are a bit older I'll be able to do more things lol:drinker: