South Beach Diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Overall SB is a pretty solid way of eating once you get past P1. I used it years ago and it's pretty much the style of eating I use when I'm eating right. Phases 2 and 3 are quite sustainable long term.
  • Angela7zFit
    Angela7zFit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did. It did work, now that was some time ago. I had already lost 60 pounds and was eating well and working out everyday and I started it and it helped me lost the last 20 pounds or so and it was a still a lifestyle change I kept it up for six months (until I got pregnant) . This was about 7 years ago. The first two weeks are strict and then you can begin to add some carbs back it. It wasn't too bad.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lost the weight really fast. A good chunk during the first few weeks is water though and probably a good deal of lean body mass. Put it all back on in the matter of a month or two (20 lbs or so) when I started eating carbs and not watching what I was eating.

It's also pretty restrictive, which was the worst for me as I'm a carb monster. And it takes a lot of prep if you want to do it in a reasonably healthy way.

I wouldn't suggest it.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My diary isn't open, but I can tell you it's not very clean. .

^^^There is your problem...you know the answer :p and add a dash of patience :)
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    My cardiologist recommended the South Beach Diet. He said ti was good for metabolic syndrome. It seems like a healthy diet to me.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    You won't lose 8-12 lbs. If you did it would be in water weight. And that's if you were eating crap before hand. If you eat moderate healthy you will not see those results. You can carb cycle, eat normal carbs one day and light carbs the next. But I really just recommend fighting it through. Last year I had a plateau for 3 months, I fought through it with exercise, and haven't had one since.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Sbd success story here :) and its a lifestyle not a diet I wish it didnt have diet in the title, the first 2 weeks are the hardest, and then you reintroduce carbs and fruits. Im on phase 3 and thats maintenance and thats the point about it being a lifestyle change. You must read the book to understand it, i went with south beach supercharged, the new version as it incorperates exercise into the plan. Well good luck
  • sukielovesveggies
    sukielovesveggies Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Southbeach is the best eating plan I have tried. It is pretty easy to sustain, and when I jump ship to eat cake or something, I get back on and feel much better. I am also a vegetarian, and it works well with that if you choose.