Daily Weigh in

Options
Hi I'm new to MFP and have been recording all the food and exercise i do on a daily basis on my ITouch, but the one thing i am finding with myself is that I am obsessed at weighing myself every morning, to see if the extra exercise or less food i ate the day before has worked and has shifted those pounds.

does anybody else do this, or do you think it will pass in time, i know i should only be doing it once a week

Replies

• kifuller4
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning too. If it's a pound either way, I don't get too excited. I'm only going to record my weight on the same day every week.
  • SnuggleBunny
    Options
    I used to weigh every moring. I'ld say I down to weighing myself 3 times a week. I trying to wean myself off the scale :laugh:
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, and I know you should only weigh yourself once a week, but I like to compare how my actions of the previous day have effected me, be it good or bad. I see it as a continuous learning experience.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning too. If it's a pound either way, I don't get too excited. I'm only going to record my weight on the same day every week.

Yes, I do something similar to this. If I think I ate too much though, I won't weigh myself the next day. I don't feel like seeing a false 3-4 pounds from binging when it's only going to be gone within a day or two.
  • Newfunlander
    Newfunlander Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I still weigh every morning too. Its a hard habit to break !...lol
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I do that too. I only record my weight once weekly tho....but I find myself peeking every other day now. You just have to not let yourself get discouraged when it flucuates, cause it will!
    Good luck~!
  • angelajeanne23
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much every day (but I only record it if it's a loss based on what I previously recorded). I fluctuate about 3 pounds up on any given day so i don't freak out if it's higher one morning...as long as it comes down a little the next day. It's kind of nice to watch the scale come down even if it is slowly. I guess its my security blanket!
  • mesa4
    mesa4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I too weigh every morning. It does encourage me to keep working at my goal. Sometimes I will gain a little, but I lose it usually the next day. The only time I have gotten discouraged with this is when I didnt lose for 3 weeks. I would have been just as discouraged if I was weighing once weekly.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Yes, I too weigh everyday....it helps keep me in check. Don't get bummed when your weight goes up.....it will. Just realize that with all your hard work it WILL go down!
    Best wishes!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with weighing yourself everyday if you don't get discouraged by the fluctuations that come along with it. There are studies that show if you can handle it you may actually do better if you weigh yourself daily. I use it as a way to see how my body reacts to food, hormones and exercise. As long as you understand what you are seeing there is nothing wrong with it. If you do get upset with minor gains and such then you probably shouldn't weigh daily. It is really a very persoanl choice.
  • 6todds
    6todds Posts: 13
    Options
    I weight myself every day. Sometimes twice a day, once first thing in the morning and once after I exercise ( I know obsessive). Before when I would try to lose weight I would only weigh myself once a week, but I have found this time around by weighing myself everyday it keeps me more motivated. I know that weight is going to up and down, but if it does up a pound or two then it keeps me motivated to stay on my diet, if it does down a pound or two then I get that much more motivated to keep going because I am seeing results. I think you have to do what works for you.
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    I've found that I think a lot LESS if I step on the scale daily. It's just something I do.

When I tried to weigh myself just once a week, I thought about it all the time.

I record my weight on Fridays generally.