First day of 30 day shred

I just did the first day of 30 day shred and I actually didn't find it that bad. I think perhaps I need some heavier weights. I have no dumbbells or money to buy them since I got a massive gas bill so I was using cans of food. I am going to use litre bottles of water next time which will be 1kg each and see how I get on.

I hope I get good results!

Replies

• I did the first day yesterday . I thought it was a great workout . Today my thigh muscles are very sore . I plan to do day 2 tomorrow . I hope my legs agree .
  • I did my first day today. I didnt think I would make it but I did and so excited to see how things will turn out on day 30. I didnt have weights either...I used cans of raviolis. I am very sore but looking at all the before and after pics I AM DETERMINED!!
  • I am on day 19 of "the shred." I didn't find level 1 too bad, but the first day of level 2 was rough, but gotten easier. Tomorrow I move on to Level 3. I just keep telling myself that it's ONLY 20 minutes. After the 4th or 5th day of the levels, I mute the TV and play some good music so I can block Jillians voice out--it's annoying to listen to after you've done the same level so many days in a row. Good luck!
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    I found her voice really annoying too!
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    I did the first day on Tuesday. My legs are so sore that I had to rest them yesterday (I've never done squats before sooo....oww!!). If that means I have to start over from scratch today, so be it. :tongue:
  • corgi
    corgi Posts: 8 Member
    Just finished day 5. I am loving this! I was able to do all of the pushups (girl style) today and when I started 5 days ago, I could only do 8. That is progress!
  • I completed day 7 of level 1 yesterday and roughly keeping calories around1300 per day.
    I have years of strength training, jogging, and aerobics under my belt. Even though I have not been as active for the past couple years, my body, especially legs are strong. I don't feel this program offers enough warmup, or sustained exercise to be really beneficial for me personally. I hope to be proven wrong. :)
    Keep it up everyone!
  • I completed only about 2 weeks of 30 day shred a few months back. I quit only because I got sick and put on bed rest. I haven't gotten back into it yet, but I plan to start again this weekend.

I remember actually doing Day 1 wasn't so bad, but the next day I was sore sore sore! Not a bad thing though, because that means it was working!! By week 2 I had lost 1 inch in both thighs and almost 2 inches in my waist! So, it was definitely working!! I'm excited to start it back up!
  • kriskrossness
    kriskrossness Posts: 152 Member
    I did day one today and made it to the end, but I did have to to take a couple of breaks. I'm gonna keep trying and hopefully in a few days I'll be able to do it straight through :)