sugar

Options
ardent
ardent Posts: 8 Member
hey everyone! i'm wondering how important it is to stick to the sugar limits? because i have no trouble with any of the other areas, but when it comes to sugar i always go way over =( does it make that big of a difference? will it actually prevent me from losing weight?

thanks!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    As long as your sugar is coming from natural sources (fruits, veggies, etc), and not candy bars and junk food, you're good to go!
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing.
    I LOVE eating mangoes as a snack. They're really sweet and filling, but have a lot of natural sugar.
  • ardent
    ardent Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks so much! that's great to hear!! =)=)
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT believe how much sugar is in Milk ... What the heck is up with that... is it a natural sugar ?

I stopped drinking juice because it was too high in sugar for my liking,even if it's a 'good source' I'd rather eat an orange and get my tummy fuller on that sugar than drink it! lol Just my way of thinking anyways ...

I honestly think that you should keep your Sugar limit as looooow as possible, when me and my bf go out Grocery shopping, it's the #1 thing we avoid, and it's our dealbreaker if we get it or not

I never noticed how many things sugar sneaks it's way into (ketchup, etc) that could totally hinder your weight loss...

For instance, I used to buy jars of Honey Garlic marinade to put on top of my Veggies Stir fry's and Grilled chicken breast
    But dood! it has 42 Grams of Sugar Per 1/4 cup!!!!

Might as well eat a DQ Blizzard and call it a day!!
  • annegirl
    annegirl Posts: 13
    Options
    There is natural sugar in milk. It's called lactose and I don't know how much sugar that would account for in milk but I do know that at least part of it is natural and good for you.