Runners HELP! Foot injury ?

Options
OK. So, I ran yesterday and the top of my foot kind of hurt but a day after... I can barely walk!!!!!!!!!!!
I really feel like I'm going to have to take it easy. I have my 1st marathon in a month... UGH!!!

Have any of you had this pain before?! I'm taking over the counter pain meds and icing.
Not sure what else to do - do any of you know what this is? I have never felt such pain on the top of my foot!

--Robyn

Replies

• Happyguy
    Happyguy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have had that and in my case it was because I laced my shoes too tight for a 50 mile ultra. It took about a week of running in shoes that were laced so loose that it was like running in flip-flops for it to get better.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Friend of mine is having that problem. For her it was a nerve. I'd see a doctor and learn a lace lock for your shoes...
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It could be a stress fracture. I had one in my 3rd metatarsal (under my middle toe) and it is awful! It's been almost 6 weeks and I just got back into running some lower miles 2 weeks ago. I was supposed to run a marathon on Saturday... not gonna happen!

Be careful and go see your Dr.
  • robyndanielle3
    robyndanielle3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I really appreciate the input. :)

I'll have to play with my laces and take a few days of running off.
    If it still hurts in a week, i'll get my bootay to the doctor.
    I'm not missing this marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!