Why is my stomach so swollen?

Options
2»

Replies

• domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've seen several things it could be....two of which I'm familiar with: bloating and ovarian cysts. But pregnant is also an option I guess. Any other symptoms?
  • RockinRobinnn
    Options
    Try drinking (plain, unsweetened) green tea. I drink 3 bigger cups of it per day, and I noticed that it takes down quite a bit of swelling in my belly. It is a diuretic, so it will make you pee A LOT. Wheat products also contribute to bloating. If it's something extreme or out of the ordinary, I would go see the doctor.
  • Star_Basil
    Options
    There could be many reasons why your stomach is swollen but you need to look at some key things first. When was the last time you had a bowel movement (you don't have to tell us, it's just a question for yourself ;D)? Is the stomach hard or can you press down into it? Are you experiencing pain?

If you are experiencing pain or discomfort you should see your doctor.

I went through a period of time where my stomach became super bloated so bad I looked full-term preggers and I was in ridiculous pain. It happened a couple times in a week so I went to my doctor who sent me for Food Sensitivity testing. Turns out I have mild allergies to many of my favourite foods! Wheat, dairy...even peas! Anyways, it really helped me as not all allergic reactions are the same. Mine was causing digestive issues which is not the common idea for a reaction but when I googled it I found out it's more common than I thought.

Hope you get to the bottom of it!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I would go see a doctor if it's out of the ordinary.

^^^THIS.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Stop seeking medical advice on here.

I disagree with this. Everyone here must be a doctor, right?
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

LoL. Yes, of course. What was I thinking.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options

LoL. Yes, of course. What was I thinking.

Well hello. It's a well known fact that if it's on the internet it has to be true. :laugh:
  • Lilith5
    Lilith5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Could be IBS. Blood tests can prove this.
    I've had the same prob for awhile I had blood tests that came back all clear, doc put me on a mild laxative but stomach stayed the same. I am now waiting on an appointment from the hospital so I can have a scan. If that comes back clear doc will send me to a dietician.
    Are you eating much white bread? I stopped eating white bread for about 1/2 weeks and found my stomach had gone down some. I had a few slices today and boom! My stomach feels like I got a balloon back in there! :-(