New to MFP but not dieting...looking for friends here

Options
Hello everyone I am a 37 yr old and married with a son. I have done the diet thing now more times then I care to admit to. I was very successful once, then put it all back on then some. I started my journey again in August and have lost 60 lbs so far. My wife is my biggest supporter and I am thankful for that. I just joined MFP and I'm looking for friends to share ideas and success stories with.

Replies

• randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm always looking for friends on here to support and share with as well - great job on your loss already! There are a lot of great success stories on here and I'm hoping to be one of them! Good luck to you and feel free to add me!! :smile:
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm always looking for friends on here to support and share with as well - great job on your loss already! There are a lot of great success stories on here and I'm hoping to be one of them! Good luck to you and feel free to add me!! :smile:

^This. Couldn't have said it better myself!
    Feel free to add - you too Randilynn113!!
  • espi180
    espi180 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    We're all in the same boat bro! Feel free to add me!
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm looking for support also
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    welcome man - great place here to connect on health and stay positive - feel free to add me (you or anyone here w/ a serious mind to progressing their health!).
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean about doing the diet thing so many times. I always say if you want to know how to lose weight...ask a fat person. Now keeping it off is a different question. I'm really hoping this is the last time. I'm not on a diet...diets don't work. It has to be a lifestyle change. My wife and I are both in this together. She's struggled some this time around but isn't quiting. I'm 48 years old and down 54 pounds from a starting weight of 318 back in May. It would be nice to have some male friends on here since most of my MFP friends are female for some reason so feel free to add me.
  • davidoneill1914
    davidoneill1914 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    add me if you like :-)
  • melissab6968
    melissab6968 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I can relate to putting weight back on after losing. I have been on here before, but had some surgeries and dropped off. I just recently came back to MFP and am always looking for friends for motivation and support! Feel free to add me- melissab6968
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    welcome welcome, feel free to add me as a support friend.
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Willie1274
    Options
    Hi Mike,

Like you, I'm not necessarily dieting but by warmer clothes weather, I'd like to be a bit leaner than I am now. I am a competitive distance runner and have also competed in bodybuidling, but backing off due to chronic injury which led to burn out. My biggest focus is to recharge, and get in consistent training and nutrition. My husband is a volunteer fireman so I understand the motivation to maintain fitness and strength. I have a 7 year old daughter who motivates me to stay active so we can participate in together as she gets older.

Feel free to check out my profile and add if you like.

best to you! Willie
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    You can add me! I'll support you all I can and exchange ideas
  • polo_sal
    Options
    It is always a great thing to have many friends that are striving for the same goal. I think we are all here for different reasons, but in the end it's all about getting healthy!

I would more friends as well to share stories and get input, I will send you a request and incourge others to send me one as well.

Thanks