SURPRISE! said the scale at Wal-Mart

Options
I was stressed about school and exams and my weight and my responsibilities, nothing seemed to be going my way. So I power-walked to Wal-Mart in search of a scale.

I figured that everything was going wrong, I just needed to bite the bullet and see how much weight I had gained, so I could go to the gym and cry while running on the treadmill with a protein shake in one hand and a tortada in the other.

I searched Wal-Mart for ten minutes, assuming that scales would be in the Home Living section... but of course they're in the Do It Yourself section. Next to the lightbulbs and toilet seats. Makes perfect sense.

I kicked off my shoes and purse in the middle of the store, ripped the scale out of the box, set it down, and climbed on.

153 pounds.

Almost 10 pounds lighter than the last time I stepped on a scale.

Sometimes, surprises aren't such a bad thing. Sometimes they're just what you need to stay motivated :)

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I was stressed about school and exams and my weight and my responsibilities, nothing seemed to be going my way. So I power-walked to Wal-Mart in search of a scale.

I figured that everything was going wrong, I just needed to bite the bullet and see how much weight I had gained, so I could go to the gym and cry while running on the treadmill with a protein shake in one hand and a tortada in the other.

I searched Wal-Mart for ten minutes, assuming that scales would be in the Home Living section... but of course they're in the Do It Yourself section. Next to the lightbulbs and toilet seats. Makes perfect sense.

I kicked off my shoes and purse in the middle of the store, ripped the scale out of the box, set it down, and climbed on.

153 pounds.

Sometimes, surprises aren't such a bad thing. Sometimes they're just what you need to stay motivated :)

YAY bet that felt great!

ah and then you bought it? I hope.....:ohwell: :tongue:
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    did you buy the scale? love your sense of humor good job by the way!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I always stress out about the scale, it is my arch nemisis....if i am eating pretty healthy and feel great i think i have lost weight and whatnot, then i get on the scale and see the SAME weight....then i get all sabotagy and depresed...so thats why i gave up the scale, i am a person who loses little weight and a lot of inches, so those numbers on that little metal devil mean nothing to me. but the funny thing is, just like in your situation, when i think i have gained like 5 pounds i end up losing like 3 or so....stress is a weight gainer so if we stress over the scale we can in turn be making it harder to lose the weight. congrats on your losss though!
  • asm2260
    asm2260 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

153 pounds.

Love those Kind of scales....hope you bought it.....It was destiny that you won it...
    Good Job, keep smiling!
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    And if you weight yourself again in the morning it'll be even lower!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    That's way better than when my WiiFit said Surprise! It told me I lost 20 lb in one day... that's when I walked to target to get myself a new scale lol. Congrats!
  • kimmyonherway
    kimmyonherway Posts: 35 Member
    Options

153 pounds.

great work! i love surprises.
  • migallen
    migallen Posts: 13
    Options

153 pounds.

Wow, that's a great story and funny too. I bet that just made your day!
  • cassilynn
    cassilynn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What a pleasant surprise :) Great job.
  • brightlightkatie
    Options
    'I am 162 lbs with a goal of anywhere between 135 and 145 lbs (those are the recommended healthy weights for someone my height). '

I MFP stalked your profile.

You are nearly at your ideal weight !!!! Good on you girl !!
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    They had a talking scale at Sears. I bought it. Took it home. When I got on for the first time, it said "One person at a time, please."
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    They had a talking scale at Sears. I bought it. Took it home. When I got on for the first time, it said "One person at a time, please."

*snickers* that cracked me up a little bit.

Good job girl!! Keep up the great work!
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options

~Chuckle~ :laugh:

Congratulations too, I hope you bought the scale!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options

lol!! I also hope you bought the scale, girly! Congrats on your loss. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!