Skinny Cow?

Options
Are skinny cow products a good alternative for normal candy ?
I am not one to cut certain food out of my diet just ,because I am getting healthy I prefer to just have them less or find alternatives.

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    They're delicious, but not really any different than other candy. Except they help with portion control. The dark chocolate turtle like things are my favorite, followed closely by the peanut butter wafers.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    They're delicious, but not really any different than other candy. Except they help with portion control. The dark chocolate turtle like things are my favorite, followed closely by the peanut butter wafers.

^^ This. I LOVE the double chocolate cones...yum in the tum
  • I don't like the candies very much, but I love the H out of their ice cream treats.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I've had the skinny Cow ice creams and they are pretty good. I haven't compare them to normal ice creams but I just figured they are better in calories. I think they are only about 200 calories. I would like to try the chocolate turtles those looked good. Didn't look at the calories or anything yet on them though
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all Skinny Cow products. I haven't tried one that I don't like. I have a major sweet tooth!
  • timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I agree the ice cream rocks!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    They are so yummy! They do their job of being less is more but it's no different than adding 100 or so cals of regular ice cream to your diet.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    the turtles are 120 calories, the wafer bars 110. The ice cream sandwiches are typically around 160 (which is comparable to normal ice cream sandwiches) but they're lower fat.
  • rstinne1
    rstinne1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've had the skinny Cow ice creams and they are pretty good. I haven't compare them to normal ice creams but I just figured they are better in calories. I think they are only about 200 calories. I would like to try the chocolate turtles those looked good. Didn't look at the calories or anything yet on them though

I've also tried the Ice cream. the ice cream sandwiches are only 150 calories and some of the bars are 100 calories. Helps my sweet tooth!
  • SlvrFlame
    SlvrFlame Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    They really are good. I mostly buy the ice creams, personally (cones and truffle ice cream bars).
  • MrsJonSamuels
    MrsJonSamuels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream and candy are the BOMB!!
  • samlankford
    Options
    I tried them just because I wanted to see what they tasted like, way too sweet for me...
  • chelchelt
    chelchelt Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love their Ice Cream sandwiches
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Some people would say no, because there is more "unnatural stuff" in low-fat/ low-sugar than regular items...but personally, I think they are a great alternative if you want something sweet without a ton of calories. I LOVE their ice cream cones...150 cals, whereas a regular sized Drumstick is over 300. The Skinny Cow ones are a little smaller but they're not tiny like the Weight Watchers ones. I can have one and feel satisfied, even while my fiance eats a King Size Drumstick right next to me (and I'm not at the point where I can take one bite of something bad and feel satisfied!)
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love their ice cream products. The chocolate peanut butter ice cream sandwiches are sort of "meh", but I LOVE the mint cookie ice cream sandwiches. I ate a ton of those over the summer.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The Skinny Cow ones are a little smaller but they're not tiny like the Weight Watchers ones. I can have one and feel satisfied, even while my fiance eats a King Size Drumstick right next to me (and I'm not at the point where I can take one bite of something bad and feel satisfied!)

Agreed. The ice cream sandwiches are pretty huge. I never feel like I'm missing out on a treat.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I love their ice cream products. The chocolate peanut butter ice cream sandwiches are sort of "meh", but I LOVE the mint cookie ice cream sandwiches. I ate a ton of those over the summer.

You can have all the mint ones, just leave the peanut butter chocolate to me!
  • alausch
    Options
    The chocolate truffle ice cream bar is delicious!
  • niczun
    niczun Posts: 9
    Options
    I saw new SC candy bars at Walgreens. They have peanut butter filled and carmel filled. One had 120cals and the other 130. I think they are pretty much the same as a regular candy bar, just helps with the portion control. The chocolate was so good and smooth. I would definately fit this in my CC when needing a chocolate fix.

Great...talking about a chocolate fix make me want one now!! lol
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    This is the time of year I think about shamrock shakes. A lovely 150 calorie mint Skinny Cow ice cream not only keeps me away from McDonalds, but it is at a calorie level that I can easily plan into my day calorie wise. Yummy!