NSV - easier to wear heels!

Options
sharkweek
sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
Okay, this is a weird one, and I'm kind of wondering if I'm the only one. In the past, when I wanted to wear heels, I had to wear comfy shoes to work, and then change into heels once I got there. Now I've lost about 45 pounds, and it's way easier to wear heels all day -- it doesn't hurt at all. This isn't because I wore heels so frequently I just got used to it; I got annoyed with always having two pairs of shoes on me, so until recently, I was just wearing flats all the time. It's also not that I bought more comfy heels. The pairs I've been wearing are the same ones that used to hurt.

It makes sense - there's now 45 pounds less pressure bearing down on the balls of my feet, so of course they're in less pain. Just weird and kind of cool. I like these little unexpected comforts of losing weight. :)

Replies

• katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    high heels used to always hurt me so i shall have to test this :)
  • NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    Just the other week I was able to wear my heels for the whole night without taking them off after an hour or so! I think you're onto something!
  • rachiech13
    rachiech13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yayy good for you!! That is proof of your success! It must feel so good
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! I love wearing heels!
  • S_Delbridge
    Options
    NOT THE ONLY ONE!! I've always loved them .. but had to stick more with wedges,. nowww I wear heels & they dont bother me at allll ! yayyy . congrats on your nsv!
  • rosastamatos
    rosastamatos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow what an inspiration. I have a closet full of stilettos I cant wear anymore. Youre story just gave me something else to look foward to! Congratulations :)
  • kimsweeps1026
    Options
    I so feel you! my feet used to hurt like hell lol....having lost 26 lbs so far I feel the difference...congrats!
  • silverdaisy7
    Options
    Great job! I'm a nurse...and let me tell you...1 pound of weight is equal to 4 lbs of pressure on your weight bearing joints--knees/hips/ankles. :) So basically your body feels like you have taken 200lbs of pressure off of your joints! Nice work!
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    I can totally understand!!! I always say 200 lbs is a lot of weight to balance in some heels! Can't wait until I can rock 'em all day and night! Congrats on your NSV!!!!
  • gillesse
    gillesse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This totally makes sense. I used to be able to wear heels without a problem, but now most of them hurt me so much...

Another awesome reason to keep motivated :D
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    This thread is funny to me because I posted a thread yesterday about how do you get used to wearing heels. They kill my feet but I have so many beautiful pairs, I just wish I could wear them!
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is a weird one, and I'm kind of wondering if I'm the only one. In the past, when I wanted to wear heels, I had to wear comfy shoes to work, and then change into heels once I got there. Now I've lost about 45 pounds, and it's way easier to wear heels all day -- it doesn't hurt at all. This isn't because I wore heels so frequently I just got used to it; I got annoyed with always having two pairs of shoes on me, so until recently, I was just wearing flats all the time. It's also not that I bought more comfy heels. The pairs I've been wearing are the same ones that used to hurt.

It makes sense - there's now 45 pounds less pressure bearing down on the balls of my feet, so of course they're in less pain. Just weird and kind of cool. I like these little unexpected comforts of losing weight. :)

quite honestly, I thought it was just me, but at 24 pounds I am exactly like you....I'm actually wearing 5 inch heels to work now lol
  • GloMash710
    GloMash710 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this too! I used to have to wear double wide flats, but now I can easily and comfortably wear 3-4 inch heals in a normal width!
  • LetsGetFitMama
    Options
    This is exciting to me! Being heavy I could never wear heels, just wedges and I didn't have many options due to the wideness of my feet and to hear stories of you ladies who had the same issue and can now wear heels is amazing!!! I so cannot wait to be able to go shoe shopping and actually love it instead of hating it! Great motivation for sure! Thanks for sharing you NSV!!!
  • kimmiemac30
    kimmiemac30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've found this too, also I have come down two shoe sizes!!!
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have tons of heels in my closet, and yes I found too as I gained weight I could no longer wear them for long periods of time like I used to, yet I kept buying them cause "shoes and purses always fit" Lol, can't wait to wear them all again...
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    This is an NSV that I can relate too; isn't it the BEST feeling! Not only is it easier for me to wear heels but in addition to this, i have "boots" which literally CUT OFF my circulation when zipped up. Now that I've dropped 50lbs, no problemo...they zip up, feel "comfy" AND they're heels :)

Enjoy your heels lady:wink:
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've wondered about this too! I don't wear heels too often, but when I'm heavier and I wear them, I do find it much harder to walk in them! I suppose it's a balance thing as well as the pain! Can't wait to be able to wear heels without carrying a second pair of flats in my bag!!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Not only this - am I the only one having to change 1 show size down?

Currently its -10 degrees so wearing double socks solves the problem, but my feet are getting totally smaller.
  • zena92
    zena92 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i found this too! and i've gone down a shoe size haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!