Best pedometers you have used?

Options
13»

Replies

• ajs03
    ajs03 Posts: 32
    Options
    I bought a fitness watch - there seems to be many out there to choose from of varying prices - the one I got (not too expensive) seems to be pretty good & accurate. It has a pedometer & other features. I've only had it a few days but so far I like it!
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great stuff. I have a sportline thinq and it just doesn't work. I will use ipod. Checked it out and it is bang on!! Thank you!
  • mellimeter
    mellimeter Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind the splurge, the Fitbit One seems very good. I've only had mine a few days, but experience so far is very positive.

Don't you have to pay an online subscription for FitBit?

I agree with the previous poster about the Omron. I have the same model - I've had it for years and years and it works great. Ditto on hooking it securely to your clothing or backpack.

AN online subscription is not necessary, and I LOVE my FitBit
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I just use a free pedometer app on my phone. It uses a gps to track how far you go, how many steps, etc. I think it's more accurate than the little clip on types.
  • Vendaloo
    Options
    I have used Omron--by far the best standard pedometer on the market. I now have a Fitbit One and it is fantastic. There is no subscription. And it syncs with MFP!!! Highly recommend it to everyone who is trying to lose weight.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    But what about when you are riding a bike -- does the fit bit work for that? Or swimming?? I would like something that will track EVERYTHING I do.

I'm not sure if anything can track swimming. You would just have to estimate your cardio. Fitbit can't get wet.
    Ultra cant. I know. I killed 2. But the new ones are waterproof. I doubt they measure swimming though.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Omron is built very well. I have not tried a Fitbit. But I gave my pedometer away when I started running and now use a GPS based watch with heart monitor.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    But what about when you are riding a bike -- does the fit bit work for that? Or swimming?? I would like something that will track EVERYTHING I do.

I'm not sure if anything can track swimming. You would just have to estimate your cardio. Fitbit can't get wet.
    Ultra cant. I know. I killed 2. But the new ones are waterproof. I doubt they measure swimming though.

Splash proof and sweat proof, but not waterproof. You'd certainly not want to submerge it. And even if you did, I doubt something engineered to measure foot impacts would register the fluid motion of swimming.
  • MrsC160
    MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Zip is cheaper.

I am lucky - my aunt found a Fitbit Zip and picked it up thinking it was a clip on pocket watch. She gave it to me. I spent an hour or so googling it, downloaded the free app, and have been wearing it for a week now. It runs of a watch battery and needs no additional hardware. I LOVE IT! Go with the Fitbit Zip.
  • dameelly
    Options
    I had the Striiv. Loved it at first. The app was really motivating and the Play tucked right in my bra. Then the Play wouldn't keep a charge so they replaced it. I am on my 4th Play now because they replace with refabs. I am getting a refund and ditching them. The app isn't fun anymore either.

So I am shopping. Ordered a Fitbit One from Amazon and that one wouldn't work. I think it was used as it was on and had steps already. Will give Fitbit one more try though as I have heard a lot of good things. I don't like the case and the ruber coated clip and having to take it out everytime I want to charge it but it's a small annoyance.

Good luck.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to decide between the Fitbit and the Striiv. So far people have said they all love their fitbits. Haven't heard from anyone who has a Striiv. I have a thread started about this topic if you wanna see what other people have said. I am deciding between these two because I want it to sync with MFP and with my phone. Both of these sync up with MFP and with bluetooth.