Diabetic and over 50....need encouragement

Options
:flowerforyou: Hi, I am 55 and just started back on My Fitness Pay. I had a lapse of about 7 months! Mad at myself for that. I think it started when I had to have knee surgery and couldn't exercise. I fell out of the habit of posting my foods. I do keep a written diary, since I have to watch my carbs, but I never really knew how many calories I was consuming. I am hoping to find a few friends who may be going through the same thing (diabetes) and we could encourage each other. I would love to lose 50 lbs. Anyone else out there like me????

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have T2, and have been not only losing weight consistently I have gotten my bs under control through diet. Feel free to add me. Welcome back and much success!
  • cindy629
    Options
    Thanks...you look great!! I have added you. :flowerforyou:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I have stopped adding friends because I already have too many, but I'll make an exception in your case, if you want, because I was in your shoes a year ago. I'm 51, was pre-diabetic and after losing 40lbs, I'm not anymore. I'd still like to lose another 20. We shall see!
    You CAN make a difference in your health by being more active and eating right.
  • DulcimerGuy
    DulcimerGuy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and in the same boat...so please, feel free to add me if you wish. :)
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Type 2 here too. Add me as friend too if you like. Also you may want to look/join the group for Diabetic type 2's. There is some good info on that group site