Spartacus Workout Challange

Options
Anyone tried this workout? I gave it a go this past Saturday and it is intense... my legs are way sore, and the rest of me feels tighter.... give it a shot! If it is good enough for the actors on the show I'm sure it will work for those of us trying to loose some major weight! My goal is to lose about 50lbs of fat.... maybe i'll loose that but gain some much needed muscle!

Cheers!

Replies

• MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I will look into this. I love finding new and exciting worlouts that totally kick my butt! Thanks
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    This is the workout for you! I found a mp3 that goes with it to help you keep on track, it's on workoutmuse.com or something to that fact. It totally kicked my butt! My legs are still sore from Saturday!
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sounds great I will totally check out the site. Thanks for the info and keep posted on your results with it too.
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    hey this workout looks great.. I use these moves all the time.. the only one Im not super familiar with is the split jump. I do jumping lunges, is that the same thing? I couldnt tell from the explaination if you are landing back in the opposite lunge position.

ps- ladies just because its a 'mens health' workout doesnt mean anything. These types of exercises are perfect for women too!!:flowerforyou:
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I believe it is the same type of jump, you just do as many as you can while landing on the opposing legs lunge.

Also I agree it isn't just for men... I do believe the Females on the show have done the exercises as well!

Also on a side note I have only done the circuit twice since I started on 1/15 due to illness and I have this other routine that I have been doing that I have noticed isn't challenging me like Spartacus workout does. So I have decided I was going to switch my primary workout to this starting 1/24 to see how the results go. I have stayed at 250 since I started working out again 9/25. I know I feel better but not seeing results on the scales is a little discouraging!
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have not had a chance to try this yet!! Ive been sick for a few days as well :sad: I am seriously having gym withdrawal right now haha.

This workout should be great for losing weight as long as you keep your heart rate up by only taking very short rests between the exercises. Also do you incorporate any cardio into your routine? I know many guys are against cardio but if you have fat to lose it will be a great addition to your weight training.

You mentioned something about a tv show? Is that where you saw this haha? Totally never heard of it, but sounds like a cool show!
  • onikuro
    onikuro Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been doing this and i still can't do the whole 41 minutes but it's working wonders i've dropped something like 14.5 lbs and put on some muscle. I read it was developed by a woman so it's definitely not just for men.

I love it, we're having a "vulcanalia" party in august and putting on (fake) gladiator events because of the show and I want to get ready for it ;)
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm Spartacus!
  • kelscjo
    kelscjo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am unable to find an mp3 for this. and workoutmuse.com not longer exist. Please let me know if there is somewhere else to get a free copy. thanks!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I am Spartacus!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'm a new Spartacus. I just started about 2 weeks ago. Ugh my legs lol
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I do it now and again. The lunges/split squats wreck my bad knee though.

Love the t-pushups.
  • pjsmom2010
    pjsmom2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just did this workout last night and I LOVE IT!! I'm SO sore!!! I was so loopy that I really don't recall if I did 2 or 3 rounds. lol You can find this workout by googling it. You can find it on Women's or Men's health and you can also check youtube. There are lots on there too with instruction. There are a few different versions and how long you do it for. I downloaded an app for my phone called 2012 Spartacus and that's how I did it. I'm doing 40 secs and then 20 secs rest. The app was free and here are different apps that do basically the same thing. The only issue with the app is that after you do a round of the ten exercises you have to start it over and you can't sync it with your own music.

Yes, I also read that it was designed by a woman so ladies, get at it! Oh and they are not jumping lunges from the instruction I found on youtube. It's basically a forward and backward lunge on one leg for 20 secs and then switch legs. Really it could be whatever u want it to be! You can alternate legs or do jumping lunges. There's another lunge jump type of exercise so I'm not for the jumping lunges. lol