Te'o-ing !!

Options
124»

Replies

• wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    im amazed that anyone could have possibly missed this story.

Why? I don't follow stupid stuff like this. I don't read or watch news because its stupid. If I need to know something, people tell me. This sounds stupid. Some guy from ND made up a fake GF? Why do I care?

Follow these instructions: Insert finger into buttcrack. Remove bunched up panties.

Thanks
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    So, no one wondered why he was never with her?
    What the heck is te-o-ing?

A college football player (Manti Te'o) from Notre Dame had a fake girlfriend. not only was she a fake girl, she died a fake death from leukemia. either - this guy made her up OR someone tricked him for years into thinking this person was real. (my money is on A)

so the act of taking a picture with your invisible, fake and non-existent girlfriend is called "Te'oing"

and that's the rest of the story....

i'm Paul Harvey....

good day

the story was she went to Stanford (in California) and his school was hundreds of miles away in Indiana, so she would not have been around.
  • wolverine66
    Options

I don't read or watch news because its stupid. If I need to know something, people tell me.

I couldn't live like this. I'm an info-junkie.

It's fine that you don't care about it, no one is asking you to - but you'd have to admit that your approach to news and information is not the philosophy shared by most people, so while it was all over the place in the US, it would take someone who consciously does not consume news to miss the story.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    They made an entire television show about people this happens to. Teo just happens to be the most famous person to be duped on the internet into thinking the person they see in the pictures on someones wall is actually the person they are talking to.

What kills me is the people that say they are dating someone on the internet when they have in fact NEVER met the other person. If you haven't met them and you say you are dating and in love - you are an idiot. Being Catfished/Teo'd is your own fault.

The same with those people that send money and get well cards to sites about little children with horrible diseases. Unless you know those people you cant be sure its not faked just for attention and money. Really people, think before you do these things.

I'm not buying any part of the relationship. He claimed on several occasions that they had seen each other in Hawaii. He also claimed that he met her at one of his games. It was a hoax from the start. There are rumors as to why, but I doubt we'll ever get the true story.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm not buying any part of the relationship. He claimed on several occasions that they had seen each other in Hawaii. He also claimed that he met her at one of his games. It was a hoax from the start. There are rumors as to why, but I doubt we'll ever get the true story.

I'm going to go with.... he likes boys and didn't want anyone to find out, but had to kill her off before his pro career because people would start to wonder why they weren't seeing each other after he left college...
  • wolverine66
    Options

I'm going to go with.... he likes boys and didn't want anyone to find out, but had to kill her off before his pro career because people would start to wonder why they weren't seeing each other after he left college...

i was reading today that fellow players were skeptical of this "Lennay" relationship, because he was known to have gone out with quite a few women on campus.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    too big...
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    I saw that story and don't real get why make up a fake girlfriend are you that desperate in the first place that you have to make some one up and then have them have a fake death too to get ride of them. Please there are more important things in this world than that. Is that what our News has come down to. Please report on more import things on TV.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Please there are more important things in this world than that. Is that what our News has come down to. Please report on more import things on TV.
    Yes! We need to strip the crossword puzzles from the newspapers as well. I've also created a petition to enact legislation that TV news anchors be prohibited from any kind of smiling or expression of humor or happiness. It simply has no place in the news. Hopefully, we can eventually have the news reported by cyborgs that are completely emotionless.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    1358450740.gif
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    1358450740.gif
    Ha! This is fantastic!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    BAxbfgsCAAA8XE8.jpg-large-500x684.jpeg

Good thing I'm the only one in the office today. I literally laughed out loud at this!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    <---- My invisible girlfriend took this picture of me with her invisible camera... right before she wrecked her invisible car into an invisible tree.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Why? I don't follow stupid stuff like this. I don't read or watch news because its stupid. If I need to know something, people tell me. This sounds stupid. Some guy from ND made up a fake GF? Why do I care?

i just figure if you are using the internet you MUST have came across this at some point. if you use reddit, cnn.com, espn.com, if you follow sports at all you would have heard of this.

i just couldnt keep my head in the sand and avoid all news. but to each his own. :)

edit to add: i mean for people in the USA...if you are in Sweden you are much more likely to miss this story. :)

I don't read any news at all. I'm in the USA.

This was a decision I made maybe 12 years ago. I also don't watch much tv with commercials nor radio with commercials. I've done my best to eliminate media from my life. I also rarely go looking for any news on the Internet. My Internet stuff is very specific. I rarely hit Yahoo or MSN or whatever.

Believe it or not, none of it matters at all. But, it's just a philosophy I deal with. You miss nothing. Important issues just rise to the top and you can seek more of that specific info. Crap like this just stays out of your view. Except, places like this bring up silly news. Which is fine for a laugh.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

This was a decision I made maybe 12 years ago. I also don't watch much tv with commercials nor radio with commercials. I've done my best to eliminate media from my life. I also rarely go looking for any news on the Internet. My Internet stuff is very specific. I rarely hit Yahoo or MSN or whatever.

Believe it or not, none of it matters at all. But, it's just a philosophy I deal with. You miss nothing. Important issues just rise to the top and you can seek more of that specific info. Crap like this just stays out of your view. Except, places like this bring up silly news. Which is fine for a laugh.

i dont know why anyone would want to disconnect from society like you have but you have every right to do so. like i said before i just find it surprising.

my question then is why are you wasting your time in the chit chat fun and games section if you dont want to waste your time?
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    <---- My invisible girlfriend took this picture of me with her invisible camera... right before she wrecked her invisible car into an invisible tree.

F'N hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

i just figure if you are using the internet you MUST have came across this at some point. if you use reddit, cnn.com, espn.com, if you follow sports at all you would have heard of this.

i just couldnt keep my head in the sand and avoid all news. but to each his own. :)

edit to add: i mean for people in the USA...if you are in Sweden you are much more likely to miss this story. :)

Good for you?

high-horse1.jpg?w=637&h=480
  • neverstray
    Options

Good for you?

Yeah. No. I was answering a question. Sorry if that comes off wrong. I was asked how someone could not know about this. I answered matter of factly. Next time, I'll not engage. Being on a high horse would be telling everyone else that my way is the only way. I don't suggest that. I simply say that it works for me.
  • neverstray
    Options

i dont know why anyone would want to disconnect from society like you have but you have every right to do so. like i said before i just find it surprising.

my question then is why are you wasting your time in the chit chat fun and games section if you dont want to waste your time?

Because I continue to learn about health and nutrition. I've learned a great deal from these message board. There is an incredible amount of info here.

The wasting time part is just because I waste lots of time. I just don't care much about things that don't affect me at all. I also don't follow college ball at all, otherwise I probably would have heard. But, I do follow pro ball, specifically the 49rs.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Good for you?

Yeah. No. I was answering a question. Sorry if that comes off wrong. I was asked how someone could not know about this. I answered matter of factly. Next time, I'll not engage. Being on a high horse would be telling everyone else that my way is the only way. I don't suggest that. I simply say that it works for me.

"Believe it or not, none of it matters at all.You miss nothing. Important issues just rise to the top and you can seek more of that specific info. Crap like this just stays out of your view."

So "none of it matters at all, you miss nothing, and crap like this just stays out of your view" doen't come off that way. Doh'kay. :laugh: