Crab Feed - how many calories?

Options
I am going to a crab feed tomorrow that features hot garlic crab with clarified butter, pasta, bread and already dressed salad. Does anyone know how many calories does one person consume at a typical crab feed? I heard they allot 3 lbs of crab per person. I want to enjoy myself without overdoing it. Plus I want to make sure I do a workout to crush out most of those calories. Thanks.

Replies

• pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to track each item you eat - and not just one lump number. Make smart choices!
  • boopbabs
    boopbabs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thanks; i will be doing that, i just wanted to get a ballpark so i know how much i need to burn at my morning workout to compensate :smile:
  • ohtobe140
    Options
    log it now and see what it comes out to. I would avoid the bread, butter and salad, just eat the crab, the butter and salad dressing is what will kill you. Or just call the whole day 2000 calories and be done with it. It's just one day.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    There is really no way to know. Bread is vague, salad is vague, and there is no way "typical people" eat.

I would probably do a good workout, drink a lot of water, and ENJOY!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that crab is extremely high in sodium. Don't weigh yourself for 3-4 days after partaking due to false gains from the sodium. Enjoy! I love crab!