KETTLEBELL USERS

Options
looking to add this to my routine on days I miss the gym, esp since I already have the equip, but I was curious as to your normal routine. I see several of my friends use them regularly and burn anywhere from 400-600 cal in as few as 40mins. What's the normal exercises and reps each you do in this kind of work out? Thanks!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• christinagriffith
    christinagriffith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been interested in these for awhile... wonder what advise others will have
  • size7again
    Options
    first off o LOVE doing kettlebells!! love love love!! i cant go to the gym b/c around here they want ur first born and ur right leg soooo i use the dvd i bought from wal-mart a few months ago from danskin. i do it 3 times a week and working up to all 3 workouts that are on the dvd with a 8 lb weight. the lady is kinda creapy to start with but otherwise cool. mine is teh danskin now calorie burner workout.. it goes thru the kettlebell throws, arm strengthing, back to he throws, arm curls, and more im on the first 2 workouts right now but i can feel muscles i didnt have before and the scale moves when i do them like i should!! hope this helps i can NOT SAY ENOUGHT POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT KETTLEBELLS!! LOOOOOOVE THEM!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I use them on my HIIT days.

I do tabata interval training which is 20secs on, 10secs rest. Usually for 8 rounds and total of 4mins but this is for one type of exercise. As I cycle between exercises, I usually go for around 30-40mins. I have a 35lb one and an adjustable one from 17lbs to 70lbs, currently set at 70lbs.

I will do:
    one arm swings
    high pulls
    bent over rows
    cleans
    clean and press
    snatch
    two arm swings
    one arm squats
    windmills
    (on the 35lb one)

and:
    sumo DL
    two arm swings
    (on the 70lb one)

Usually well wrecked after that :P

Check youtube for vids on these mbodystrength I think it is has some great workouts.
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    I have been interested in these for awhile... wonder what advise others will have

Ditto
  • Chuck1223
    Chuck1223 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    jzpowahz's routine is about right for a good workout.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I agree that I also can't say enough positive things about kettlebells!!!!!! I currently am using a dvd by Lauren Brooks...Ultimate Body Sculpt & Conditioning Vol 1. It has a great tutorial, a quick workout & then a full 40 minute workout. It gets my heartrate right up there w/my Insanity workouts. The day after my 1st time w/this dvd my hamstrings, butt, inner thighs were so sore. It is basically 2 minute drills w/1 minute rests. I plan on getting Vol 2 as soon as I'm 100% comfortable w/Vol 1. I use a 25lb bell for most of it.

Vol 1 uses many of the moves that jzpowahz mentioned (I think it also has overhead swings & a few more floor ab moves as well), but there's also burpees, mountain climbers, pushups, etc sprinkled in there as well.
  • jenstrausbaugh
    Options
    oh i want to get some kettlebells for my house to use but they are so expensive!!!

i may just have to invest in some of these.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    oh i want to get some kettlebells for my house to use but they are so expensive!!!

i may just have to invest in some of these.
    ME TOO!!!!!!
  • christinagriffith
    christinagriffith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thaks everyone, this was really encouraging... I think I will start with a video! :happy:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You can look up exercises by body part here or you can click on the link that lists all of the exercises by name.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kettlebells.htm
  • size7again
    Options
    You can look up exercises by body part here or you can click on the link that lists all of the exercises by name.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kettlebells.htm

checked out the site they have lots of new ones for me to try!! not sure if i can do all of them but now i know what will work what so i can work more one that one part!! thanks for the site!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    http://www.kettlebells.com.au/store/aussie-adjustable-kettlebell.html

This is my adjustable one. I think some companies sell them in America as well. Some where you just use regular weight plates. Way cheaper than getting a full set and doesn't take up anywhere near as much space!