Zombies, Run! Questions

Options
Today was my first day trying our Zombies, Run. I am using it on the Nexus 7 tablet, and i decided to use a c25k podcast as a playlist with the Zombies run app.

I selected that i wanted zombie chases and i turned on my location and such but I didn't really get chased by the zombies. They said "here they come run" but then that was it, my c25k podcast turned on after that it was kind of uneventful. It seemed like the chase was cut short. Did i do something wrong?

I was on a treadmill and I placed the tablet on the little media ledge so i didn't have to hold it the whole time...could that be why i didnt get chased?

the in game gps didn't seem to move unless i was walking really hard or running and i wasn't sure if there was a connection. between that and the chases....blah.

I just bought the Zombies run C25K app tonight so i'm gonna try that next. Running is always better when you're being chased by zombies.

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    IDK much about that app, been meaning to get it... BUT I think the point in the location thing is to be moving, not on a treadmill, so that could be why. Also I think I remember seeing something about the motion sensor in place now so you can run on a treadmill and if that's the case it probably needs to be held or strapped to you somehow..
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    in order for the GPS tp track you you need to not be standing in the same place, which is essentially what you're doing on the treadmill
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    in order for the GPS tp track you you need to not be standing in the same place, which is essentially what you're doing on the treadmill

well i have an hrm so i don't really NEED the motion sensor to work...but is the motion sensor required in order to get the zombie chases? i have a crappy phone, which is why i use my tablet. i can't run outside with my tablet, that would be nuts...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    well the app says that in order for the chase to work you either have to be using the GPS or accelerometer tracking.

both of those things mean that your device is registering as being in motion. obviously your device isn't in motion if it's sitting stationary on a ledge :wink:
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    well the app says that in order for the chase to work you either have to be using the GPS or accelerometer tracking.

both of those things mean that your device is registering as being in motion. obviously your device isn't in motion if it's sitting stationary on a ledge :wink:

This^
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    ill chase ya for free i do it all the time at the park those running screaming women should be paying me when i leao outb the bushes
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    ill chase ya for free i do it all the time at the park those running screaming women should be paying me when i leao outb the bushes

will you dress up like a zombie?
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    if you are doing the C25K for Zombies...there are no chases...the chases are on the regular app..and only when you are at a certain speed
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    From the site:

In order to get zombie chases, you need to fulfil the following criteria:

You must be running the latest version of Zombies, Run!
    If using GPS mode, your GPS must have a fix
    You must have Zombie Chases turned on
    You must be moving faster than 3.5km/h
    You must be moving slower than 15km/h
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options

i double dog dare you...
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I loved that app on my HTC. They have it for the Iphone now but it's too freakin exspensive. Gonna wait until it goes down to get it and enjoy it again.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've also heard the app for the Android stinks. You need an iphone, itouch etc to effectivelly run the app.
    That makes this Android user very sad.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    if you are doing the C25K for Zombies...there are no chases...the chases are on the regular app..and only when you are at a certain speed
    I haven't used the c25k app yet, just the regular app. i only just downloaded the c25k app this morning.
  • Garfunklette
    Garfunklette Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Usually at the end of a story segment they'll give you some kind of a "Run" cue. This isn't the "zombie chase" feature, it's all part of the show.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I was on a treadmill and I placed the tablet on the little media ledge so i didn't have to hold it the whole time...could that be why i didnt get chased?

i don't have a tablet, but make sure your setting for Tracking and Accelerometer (not GPS) are on ???
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    From the site:

okay thank you for that info, but what does "if using GPS mde your GPS must have a fix" mean?
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    From the site:

okay thank you for that info, but what does "if using GPS mde your GPS must have a fix" mean?
    Your GPS must have a fix on your position.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    From the site:

Your GPS must have a fix on your position.

oh alright, so the "access location" thing. yup i did that when using the app.

thanks again.
  • SuperKeely
    SuperKeely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've also heard the app for the Android stinks. You need an iphone, itouch etc to effectivelly run the app.
    That makes this Android user very sad.

Untrue. I've run it on both platforms. There are some UI changes on the Android app, just because of the way Android works, but it's a great app. I have had a few issues with the GPS, but that is my phone, not the app - I have issues with other GPS-related apps too.