BeachBody Programs with more than 80+ loss

Options
What programs did you start out with? Were you able to keep up with them? If not, what did you do to modify the program?

I'm currently using the P90 program ... I'm 231, 5'3" yet somewhat in shape. People tell me that I don't look as big as I am. I've always been athletic, have a pear shape body even when I was thin, and now I'm looking to find a program that i can keep up with, yet have fun. P90 is a bit boring ...

Have any of you done Turbo Jam? Rocking Body? Hip/Hop Abs? What about the new Mill Lees Combat.

I fear Insanity and P90X b/c of the high amounts of cardio. I YouTubed a clip, and I could barely breathe! My goal with P90 was to get into better shape, and then move on ... but this guy isn't for me. I'll stick with it, but unsure of what program to get next, and looking for those who have BTDT help me out!

Thanks~

Replies

• jelr
    jelr Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have seen people get great results with Power 90. I tried the program and got about 40 days in before I rolled my ankle very badly hoping my short 5'2'' self down from the roof of my Toyota Surf. needless to say I was out after that for a good 5 months before I could really do anything impact oriented (jumping etc). I enjoyed the program just found it too repetetive with only 2 videos on phase 1 and two videos on phase 2, to want to go all the way back through it. I was in a group that went through it and everyone got/was getting great results, I had lost 15 lbs myself. I gained all the weight back as by the time I was ready to get back into something I came to find out I had a quirky heart condition and had to wait a few months til I could be scheduled to have that taken care of (we are military overseas everything medical, is a hassle and takes forever). Finally started back with something, I was doing insanity for two weeks then had my wisdom teeth removed on short notice last week and plan on going back to insanity as soon as I heal up. I have a friend (look her up on youtube) named Tarah Carr, she lost a bunch of weight (twice now since she did it again after her second pregnancy) who used Turbo Fire with amazing results. And through her team I have seen dozens more get the same results with almost every Beachbody program. Just depends on the workout styles you prefer. I am a P90x/Insanity type person as I don't like things that require alot of coordination like zumba/Turbo fire.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I have done Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire & Chalean Extreme. Turbo Jam is a bit tricky at 1st, but you will learn it. And if u do it before Turbo Fire, then keeping up shouldn't b a problem.
  • Sbthud
    Sbthud Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did Turbo Fire as my first program, lost 20+ lbs and inches. Moved onto Body Pump, lost another 5 lbs but a ton of inches. And now I am doing Combat AND I ADORE IT. I can feel the workout like I never have before and I think I am gonna get some great results with it! You just feel so badass when you do it. :) And it is definitely not boring, thoughTF could get that way days 60-90.
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing in here because I have the same question--thanks for posting! I have a total goal of 85-100 lb loss, but my first goal is 35lb by June. I've never tried any BB stuff but the result videos I see are amazing--there are just so many products to pick from!

Some of them seem more oriented twd people who are already fit but are on a plateau etc. I'm getting back on the wagon after about 6 mos not working out--I can still run a few minutes at a time so I know I haven't lost all my endurance, but my concern right now is mostly about dropping pounds/sizes than sculpting anything.
  • LJP1982
    LJP1982 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity at 223.7 lbs and I am 5'6". It was crazy hard, but totally worth it. In the 2 months, I lost 20.7 pounds and a bunch of inches. Shaun T doesn't expect you to keep up with them, he just expects you to do what you can. He's amazing, as far as being motivating goes. Anyway, now I am doing Les Mills COMBAT and I LOVE IT. It's so much fun and it's not hard to catch on at all. I have TurboFire and I do the shorter workouts and HIITs sometimes when I just have energy left over, and plan to do the whole program eventually, and I do really like Chelene Johnson and the TurboFire workouts as well, but they're harder to catch on to. Insanity turned me into a fitness fanatic and BeachBody junkie.... I just want to try all the programs. :laugh: