Replies

• Japanese Style Fried Rice
    Frozen Organic Jazmin Rice
    Meatless Orange Chicken
    Everything Pretzel Slims
    Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    that cheap *kitten* red wine...I think it's called cheap red wine. Haven't been in ages, but we always used to buy a bunch of that for when people came over to the house...have a couple bottles of good stuff and then bring out the cheap red wine.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Three words: Wasabi Seaweed Snacks.

OMGAHHHHHHHHH! I LOVE THOSE!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Honestly, I can take or leave most Trader Joe's items. However, I was recently introduced to two things that I really like: the 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate Coconut Caramel bar (yum!) and the Creamy Toscano Cheese Dusted with Cinnamon (this is saying a lot because I'm normally not a cheese person)!
  • Wow! This is awesome! THANK YOU! Usually I'm like a kid in a candy shop and walk around with wide-eyes and usually forget what I even come there to get! These suggestions help so I can make a list! You guys/gals rock! :)
  • Trader Joe's Chocolate Soy Mini Ice Cream Sandwich.
    <3

I second these!

I love their Almond Butter but they've been out the last few times I've been there (at 3 different stores) because I think they said they are having issues with their supplier.
    Organic Blueberry Preserves - Reduced Sugar - this is AMAZING! I have TJ's Almond butter and these blueberry preserves every morning.
    Pumpkin Butter (sometimes this is seasonal).
    Love the frozen green beans - either the slim Haricot Verts or the regular ones.
    Horseradish hummus.
    Refrigerated package of brussel sprouts (the steamable ones and the ones they have seasoned).
    The Orange Chicken is fantastic but definitely need to watch portions.
    The frozen brown rice is great too. They also have one in the rice aisle that is a microwaveable package that is great.
    Almond Milk (their brand) - on the shelves (not refrigerated).
    Popcorn with Olive Oil (no dairy so great for those who cannot have dairy) in the snack food area.
    The Kettle corn individual packs are fantastic too.
    Fresh Produce.
    I buy the big packs of various nuts and split them out in packages at home - almonds, cashews, pistachios, so many options (including trail mixes if you need to add some sweets to it).

They have so many things that I love there. It's hard to go wrong.
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    The Kale Yogurt Dip - YUM
    Sweet Potato Bisque - YUM
    Sea Salt Pita Chips
    Flash Frozen Albacore Tuna - This taste great after baking slow :)
    Flash Frozen Socki Salmon
    Gulten Free Granola
    Produce - Red Onions(really inexpensive)
    Frozen Cubbed Garlic and also cubbed Basil (Don't remember the brand name)
    There Sweet Red Wine - I think that's the brand as well

I love Trader Joe's - can't you tell?
  • I recently read an article about rBGH in cows, and Trader Joe's is one of the merchants that claim their dairy and beef are rBGH free. (that means the cows that TJ gets their products from are not treated with recombinant bovine growth hormone. A big plus in my book, so add milk, cheese, yogurt, and beef - check labels and make sure they are labelled rBGH-free).
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    VEGETABLE MELANGE <-- crack-like addiction... true story
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 355 Member
    Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup (in a box). I LOVE it with a bit of goat cheese and some bagel chips on top. :)
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    Their yellow curry sauce is epic!! I'll put in on everything!
  • Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus!!! AMAZING!!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Whole wheat couscous
    lite coconut milk
    roasted red peppers
    whole wheat pizza dough
    artichokes packed in water
    chocolate cat cookies
    dark chocolate wedges (in a little tin)
    Puffins cereal (high fiber - my kids love it)
    Stone ground yellow corn torilla chips
    pineapple salsa
    spicy black bean dip
    Chimichurri rice (frozen - delish, not sure about the macros)
    all their cheese and dairy has been great
    if they still carry them - cocoa dusted almonds
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    I love all of their hummus, salsas, and especially their roasted plantain chips.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    bump

My faves:
    Unsalted Almond Butter
    Egg Whites
    OJ
    Every salsa they have is delicious!
    Mandarin Chicken in the orange bag, over their basmati rice (clear bag) (DELISHUS)
    Any veggie or fruit
    Organic Honey Sweet Bread)
    4carb Tortillas (small ones)
    Chicken Sausage
    Ground Turkey
    JoJo's cookies
    Lowfat Cat cookies any flavor
    Whole Wheat Waffles
    Clover Blossom Honey
    Hot and Sweet Mustard

Someone else mentioned their pizza dough OMG yes!!!
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    If you're still looking for suggestions...

*Check their baked goods aisle and see if they have any California Style Complete Protein Bread. You might not be able to find "California Style" in WI, but I really like getting 5g of protein from one slice of bread. I even have a loaf in my work's freezer. :P

*I LOVE their cheeses. There's always an interesting mix.

*I like their cornmeal pizza and their goat cheese pizza. Not sure if it travels well, but they also have premade pizza dough.

*I wasn't able to find it in the TJ's in MI, but I do like their Vegetable Gyoza (frozen dumplings).

*I'll sometimes use their boxed soups as a base for slightly doctored soups (ie adding tortilla chips and cheese to their black bean soup). They also have decent stock.

*I like their jarred beans in tomato sauce.

*I love their premade Indian food - Palak Paneer, etc. It comes in pouches packaged in boxes, and doesn't need refrigeration.
  • nikkidish
    nikkidish Posts: 3 Member
    I second the almond butter (<3) and would also add their frozen steel cut oatmeal. I have it almost every day for breakfast in the winter and you can dress it up with whatever else you'd like.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    they have an awesome quinoa medley that has precooked quinoa and veg and I just add chicken or tofu to it

I usually stock up on larabars while I'm there, too, but that's not a TJ thing
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Love the hummus and fresh salsa. Love the simmering sauces if you use them in moderation, and all of the Indian entrees I have tried have been great. Also really like the gyozas. Absolutely to be eaten in moderation (but it is tough let me tell you) for a special treat cookie butter. Can't believe I waited so long to try it.
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    A couple of my personal favorites are:

-Creamy Spicy Hummus
    -Reduced Guilt Mac & Cheese (Absolutely fantastic for a frozen Mac, if you like mac and cheese)
    -Soyrizo (soychorizo) Its a little spicy but really delicious!
    -Soyaki marinade (SO GOOD!)