I am doing everything right! i think? but I gained a pound?

Options
Hi Guys!

I'm not sure if I am over reacting? BUT I have been doing some cuircuit training (last 2 weeks) trying to burn at least 400 extra calories a day PLUS im eating under 1400 calories a day and drinking at least 64 oz of water... I saw my weight go down by 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks, but then i saw that i gained a pound? Im no expert so any help or advice would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Weight varies day by day. Don't worry if your weight fluxuates a little. Sometimes what's left in your digestive system is lower. Sometimes your body is holding more water than your last weigh in. And especially if you're getting anywhere close to your period, that can cause a swing of a few pounds. If you get stressed out by seeing your numbers fluxuate, try weighing only once a week.
  • menkelly
    Options
    OOOOO yeah i didnt even think about my period! which should be happening soon. This is one of the reasons why I am loosing weight, so that I can regulate my cycle. I do weight my slef almost every day... I will put my scale up and try to pull it out only once a week. Thanks for your advice! I really appreciate it!
  • Kristinam921
    Kristinam921 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I also found that if I trim my calories too much I gain weight and plateau. So I actually up my cals some if I start plateauing or I change my workout. The main thing is keeping your body guessing if you get use to something change it!! You have to exert your body to change it! Yes period made me gain 5 lbs of water weight in one day!! So yeah that makes a HUGE difference!
  • kerriotto
    Options
    So if you are eating 1400 and exercising 400 away, you're only netting 1000? That's not very much.
    I read an article that you should never eat at or below your BMR. I increased my caloried on Tuesday and already I've lost .6 lbs.
  • menkelly
    Options
    Good point guys....! i should up my intake!
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It goes through a step by step process, and helped me sooooooooooooo much!

Good luck :)
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It goes through a step by step process, and helped me sooooooooooooo much!

Good luck :)

I second this, and I just want to let you know I had been freaking out the last 2 days becasue I have really put my all into working out (doing it 6 days a week) and have not seen reults on the scale this week..... until my period came to visit and everything clicked as to why I was weighing in 2 pounds heavier....
  • menkelly
    Options
    i book marked it to read for later! I started reading some of it! Looks like a great piece. Yeah i looked at my BMR and what my calorie in take should be for my goals and i see that my intake is a little low... I guess im just scared to up it, fear that i wont suceed. Ya know?
  • kerriotto
    Options
    Unless you're eating more than your TDEE, according to the article, you shouldn't be gaining weight.
  • MaximizedGains
    Options
    Probably glycogen restoration, not fat. Also, drink more water.