BodyMedia FIT - I'm so lost!

Options
Does anyone else use BodyMedia FIT? I got one for Christmas and was considering sending it back, but I saw that I could sync it with MFP.

Well, now that I'm trying it, I am so confused. It is truly lacking in the directions department. I cannot figure out how to connect it with MFP, considering that MFP is not one of the apps listed in their Activity Manager.

I guess I'm also confused as to when and how people take the armband off and sync their information for the day. Before bed, then put it right back on?

Any tips would be really helpful!

Replies

• halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This is a quote from a recent similar help request, I can't verify it as the bodymedia website won't let me logon at this time.

When you're on the BM website in the Activity Manager, click on Apps, then make sure ALL is selected. There are 2 pages of apps, and MFP is on page 2. Click on "Learn More," then click on the Link button.

I generally sync it in the evening after my workout., depending on my schedule.
    Mike
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at the info in the Help section on MFP.
  • BodyMedia
    Options
    Hi Kate4vt,

Thanks for giving BodyMedia a chance! As mhalleymd mentioned, you can access MyFitnessPal from the App Gallery in the online Activity Manager. If you are still having issues syncing your device, please give us a call at please give us a call at (888) 850-BODY (2639) M-F 9-5 (EST) or reach us at http://www.bodymedia.com/Support-Help/Contact-Us, we’d love to help you out! And if you want to interact with other users, check out our Facebook page.

- Laurie
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I sync it in the evening for a few mins and then in the morning whilst I'm having a shower. I've become skilled at putting my hand down my sleeve and taking it off and putting it on whilst fully clothed.
  • daffne17
    Options
    I did the same thing but MFP is not on the last nor first and second page what do I do??
  • daffne17
    Options
    I did the same thing but MFP is not on the last nor first and second page what do I do??
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Try starting here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/10 and when you go to the Apps page in Activity Manager at bodymedia.com look for a white background with the MFP logo (just like it appears in the upper left hand corner here). When I just checked it was the last app in the top row of the second page.

As for wearing it/charging it, you're supposed to wear it when you sleep. I would plug mine in to sync/charge while I showered and constantly outside of that time.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I hope this helps:

log into your account on BodyMedia, open the activity manager, at the top of the page choose "Apps", scroll through the apps until you find MyFitnessPal and click on "learn more". The page that opens will allow you to link with MyFitnessPal.