Bodymedia and MFP sync problem, it is regular?

Options
I got a BodyMedia for Christmas , and I am using it since December 25th. It worked fairly well in the first 10 days, but I am experiencing major troubles in the last few days.
Yesterday Bodymedia didn;t showed any calories I recorder via MFP. Today it only took the breakfast and nothing else. Obviously the problem is at the BodyMedia side, which is really annoying since that is a paid subscription.
MFP gets the calorie/exercise correction from Bodymedia, and seems to consistent and up-to-date. Only the Bodymedia side , which is dead. I tried to unlink the 2 apps and link back again, but I got error message on the BodyMedia website.
I wrote to the support yesterday, no answer. I wrote to the support today, and I have to wait until Monday to see if there is any improvement.
I am so pissed. It is a $100 device, plus $7 per month paid subscription. I am within the 30 days of return period, and I am thinking to return it and get something else, like bodybugg or something.
However I do not want to make a haste decision, because it worked nicely until 3 days ago.
I also noticed they change their website at the same time when my troubles started. Maybe it is some mayor website changes and it will sort out soon. I try to figure out whether this is a regular problem , or it is just bad timing and it is usually working?

Anybody else experiencing troubles recently. Or Anybody else experience this type of troubles regularly with BodyMedia?

Replies

• redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, nobody has any troubles with the bodymedia and MFP sync?
  • furunofan
    Options
    I have the same problem. Started yesterday (11 Jan) for me. If they don't fix it; I will not be paying BodyMedia a dime because without the link; the system isn't worth it. I will also provide feedback for both companies that will reflect my feelings.
  • Em7b5
    Em7b5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I got a BodyMedia for Christmas , and I am using it since December 25th. It worked fairly well in the first 10 days, but I am experiencing major troubles in the last few days.
    Yesterday Bodymedia didn;t showed any calories I recorder via MFP. Today it only took the breakfast and nothing else. Obviously the problem is at the BodyMedia side, which is really annoying since that is a paid subscription.
    MFP gets the calorie/exercise correction from Bodymedia, and seems to consistent and up-to-date. Only the Bodymedia side , which is dead. I tried to unlink the 2 apps and link back again, but I got error message on the BodyMedia website.
    I wrote to the support yesterday, no answer. I wrote to the support today, and I have to wait until Monday to see if there is any improvement.
    I am so pissed. It is a $100 device, plus $7 per month paid subscription. I am within the 30 days of return period, and I am thinking to return it and get something else, like bodybugg or something.
    However I do not want to make a haste decision, because it worked nicely until 3 days ago.
    I also noticed they change their website at the same time when my troubles started. Maybe it is some mayor website changes and it will sort out soon. I try to figure out whether this is a regular problem , or it is just bad timing and it is usually working?

Anybody else experiencing troubles recently. Or Anybody else experience this type of troubles regularly with BodyMedia?

Wait a second, does your MFP show your exercise calories from Bodymedia without you plugging in your armband? Bodymedia shows my calories consumed, but there has always been a 5-10 minute delay, so I don't know what's going on with your stuff. :/ sorry.
  • BodyMedia
    Options
    Hi redheadedmommy,

Sorry to hear you were having issues syncing with MFP. Unlinking and relinking the app should correct it. If you’re still having problems, please give us a call at (888) 850-BODY (2639) M-F 9-5 (EST) we’d love to help you out!

Laurie