depressed need some encouraging words

Options
hi,
yesterday i was so happy, i had lost 3 pounds on the scale for the week. i was flying. today. i weighed myself and i'm three pounds up. this has been going on for the last 2 months, but i thought if i followed my mfp then it wouldn't. i clocked my calories and exercise wrote everything down. worked out. why does this happen to me and does it happen to anyone else?
very unhappy...:sad:

Replies

• farrahmelanie
    Options
    hi,
    yesterday i was so happy, i had lost 3 pounds on the scale for the week. i was flying. today. i weighed myself and i'm three pounds up. this has been going on for the last 2 months, but i thought if i followed my mfp then it wouldn't. i clocked my calories and exercise wrote everything down. worked out. why does this happen to me and does it happen to anyone else?
    very unhappy...:sad:
  • swtrbkh
    swtrbkh Posts: 1
    Options
    Just stay on track! It takes time. You don't want to lose to quickly anyway b/c the weight will probably just come right back!! It will all be worth it in the long run trust me!! Just keep on!!
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    it doesn't happen to me but to my work out buddy.... the way she looses is weight is very up and down and she gets so upset by it but in the end the pounds come off. so keep your head up. follow the program and feel good about getting healthy--- the pounds will then follow!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I am no expert. I can only go by my own experience. On your profile it shows you lost 4 pounds is that is that with the 3 pound loss? If it is you are down 1 pound. Have you measured yourself to see if you lost inches.

I’m sure others will kick in and give you some answers.

I can at least give you support to keep on going. Don’t stop it will happen.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Keep a positive attitude. I know that can be discouraging but when I get depressed I EAT and that is not the way to solve the problem. Keep yourself surrounded by supportive people and you will Succeed! :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I have said this a hundred thousand times, but let me say it gently, and again.

If there was any other item in your whole house that had the power to make you feel so terrible, would you keep it and keep using it?

The scale is an evil thing, especially if it has so much power over you. Try not weighing yourself for a while. Seriously. Buy a tape measure, gage by how your clothes fit, anything. The scale can (and will) fluctuate based on many many factors.

Signed, a recovering scale addict. With love. Stop weighing yourself. At least stop weighing every day. Oh, and read this article.

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    It'll be ok...just stick with this and u WILL lose the weight. I know it's a horrible feeling to have gained the weight back..but maybe it's water weight, maybe not. The important thing is you're eating healthier and therefore your body will become healthier and eventually the weight will come off. Hang in there, you can do this
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Try weighing yourself no more then once a week. I believe more then that is just to much cause our body flucuates so much.
    Don't give up.... Stay positve..... Stay on course.... You WILL do this:heart:
  • allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    This happens to me all the time...dont give up!! Ive found that if I dont weigh myself for a couple of weeks the pounds do come off and stay off. Just stay on track and dont get discouraged! Good luck!
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    I feel that way too sometimes. My weight keeps going up, when I know it needs to go down. I'm staying within my limits that MFP gives me, but the weight keeps going up. I know i have more fat to lose, so it's frustrating.

You're not a number though! It's easy to focus on the bad stuff, but try to refocus on the positive feelings you have--maybe it's fitting into something you haven't worn in a long time, or just having more energy, or that you can pass up the donuts in the break room in while everyone else HAS to have one and feels like the donuts control them!

Hang in there. :flowerforyou: