Vegetarian Recipes?

Options
gj7clur
gj7clur Posts: 6
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if any one has some new tasty vegetarian recipes?

Thank you for all of you who share!

Replies

• bsaravia87
    Options
    I have no idea how to cook so I use a lot of the morning star products. Their website has tons of delicious recipes for their products.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I can't say enough good things about www.theppk.com. It's a free database of vegan/vegetarian recipes and they're all really, really good, probably because it's run by some of the leading vegan cookbook writers. Back when I was a full-time vegetarian I loved their Tempeh Chili Con Frijoles, and so did my carnivorous family. I also like the tofu scramble, I'd make it the night before for breakfast, and wake up to find most or all of it had fallen prey to my brother's midnight snack raids.
  • gj7clur
    Options
    Lol thats what i have been doing too! Morning star is awesome, but there isn't much variety.
  • gj7clur
    Options
    I can't say enough good things about www.theppk.com. It's a free database of vegan/vegetarian recipes and they're all really, really good, probably because it's run by some of the leading vegan cookbook writers. Back when I was a full-time vegetarian I loved their Tempeh Chili Con Frijoles, and so did my carnivorous family. I also like the tofu scramble, I'd make it the night before for breakfast, and wake up to find most or all of it had fallen prey to my brother's midnight snack raids.

Thank you! I haven't seen that site before. I was looking at the tempeh and it looks amazing. Do you know where I can find Tempeh? do they have it at regular supermarkets? I live in AZ, and we don't have a whole foods anymore :(
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I used to get it from the regular supermarket, in the refrigerated section. It comes in thin blocks about a half-inch thick, 2-3 inches wide, 5-6 inches long, shrink-wrapped in plastic. Not all the supermarkets in my area carried it; I'd say call around to a couple until you find one that does have it.

I really enjoy the nutty taste and crumbly-chewy texture. I've never cooked tempeh any other way, though, because it comes in such a large package that I couldn't cook something the rest of my family wouldn't eat.
  • Jellybean1970
    Jellybean1970 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian Chili

2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 onion chopped
    4 closed garlic, minced
    1 cup dry lentils
    1 cup dry bulgur wheat
    3 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
    2 cups canned whole tomatoes, copped
    2 tbsp chili powder
    1 tbsp ground cumin salt and pepper to taste
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can mushrooms
    chopped green peppers and/or celery

In a large pot over medium heat combine the oil, onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in the rinsed lentils and bulgur wheat. Add the broth, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
  • gg8xbri
    gg8xbri Posts: 1
    Options
    http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.e28a2ad6d3341f8836eb9e2bd373a0a0?vgnextoid=42cacf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD&autonomy_kw=vegetarian+recipes&x=23&y=15

Marthastewart.com has about 30 vegetarian dishes but they all look really yummy. Maybe you can make one and invite me over for dinner J. :)
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipes/rachael-ray-30-minute-meals/Mama-Elsa-s-Stuffed-Zucchini

This link is for a stuffed zucchini recipe which has just rocked my world! They are fantastic. I omit the butter, and instead of using white wine to deglaze the plan, I just use some of the reserved tomato juice. Looking at all of the ingredients, I have estimated these to be about 120 calories per zucchini.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    The best site I can recomend is www.vegweb.com! I love love love that site. They offer vegetarian and vegan recipes, with step by step directions and pictures.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    bump