a feeling of happiness

Options
My husband and I live 2 hours from both of our parents. This last weekend, we went down. My dad said that he could tell I was losing weight. My in-laws praised about how different I am acting and how much easier I seem to be moving. And, they could tell I had lost! My mom can't ever tell. I've been on here for 55 days now. I haven't stepped on a scale but once. I have a fear of them, which I can't wait to be rid of. It seems like I always thought to myself, "ok, last time I weighed it was this much. well I know I've gained since then, so I'll say I probably weigh less than this much." And then, it was always OVER that!!! I had that again the last time I weighed. So, I really do have a fear of them. Also, Saturday I tried on a pair of jeans that never fit, not even when I bought them. I also hate to try on clothes. But, I thought they would fit since they were a size bigger than what I was wearing. But, no. I bought them in the fall, but now they button! They never did come close to it, until now:D!!!! I really think they were mis-sized. Because normally I wear a size average and they are just a little long. These were a petite and I am now in the process of hemming them. They were REALLY long! So the label MUST be wrong! But, I am working out about 3 days a week and eating very good. I've even gotten into organic foods! One of my best friends, who has always been thin and fit, has been asking ME questions about healthy foods!

Replies

• Diaz07fam
    Diaz07fam Posts: 43
    Options
    thats awesome keep at it! im trying too. but my family says nothing but negative to me:mad: i cant wait till i can try on jeans that never fit and finally button them i have at least 3 of thoes..... :-)
  • kshields85
    Options
    i'm sorry they are so negative toward you about it. It will happen!!! That day will be here before you know it!!!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    yeah! grats to you! Take that moment and put it in a time capsule for those mornings that you are too tired to exercise or those afternoons when the munchies come on really strong. Just think about that feeling and it'll give you the strength to stay strong!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Because normally I wear a size average and they are just a little long. These were a petite and I am now in the process of hemming them. They were REALLY long! So the label MUST be wrong!
    I normally wear a size petite or average. Most of my jeans are petite and I have noticed the more weight I have lost the longer the jeans seem to get. I am now walking on the back of my pants! I think it is because the looser they get, because of hips, stomach and legs getting smaller, the more they can properly hang down. So maybe they aren't tagged wrong. I know anytime I fit into something smaller I automatically think, "the tag is wrong". The fact is they ARE a smaller pair of pants because obviously you used to not be able to wear them and now you can. Enjoy the moment and congratulations.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Congrats on your apparent success at losing weight. I have to weigh once a week, just to know that what I am doing is worth it. And even when I see a gain, and yes I have seen that, I know that I need to regroup and rethink what I am doing. BUT you are right, in that if you are seeing it in how your clothes fit and other people are noticing, that is pretty darn affirming on it's own! Continued success to you!
  • CCurniski
    Options
    Way too go!! Great to hear about your success. Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!