Daily Burn - anyone tried it?

Options
Have any of you tried the Daily burn workouts and nutrition program? Just looking for feedback here since I want something fun and motivational that I can do from home once I give birth to my first child and want to jump back on the weight loss/fitness wagon.
Going back to the gym while I'm on maternity leave won't be convenient, since I'll have to find a babysitter, but if I can do workouts at home while my little one is sleeping, that will probably be the best...and with some nutritional guidance too, that is a bonus for me :)
Thoughts on Daily Burn? or any other online workout/nutrition tools that you would recommend that are reasonably affordable (other than MFP, of course)

Replies

• snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    *Bump* anyone? - I guess not! LOL
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    The only mass commercialed program I kinda liked was insanity. I do have my own program that is basically the boxers program if you'd like, you can check it here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/taunto/view/at-home-workout-routine-265940
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what daily burn is, so I'm no help there. I have heard good things about bodyrocktv.com, but haven't tried it either.

For home workouts, I have done Turbo Fire, Insanity, Chalean Extreme, Supreme 90 and some Jillian Michaels DVDS. JM is cheap, but not particularly fun. Turbo Fire is actually pretty fun - set to fun music, goes fast. Insanity is a killer workout but rather boring, and a little painful at times :). I liked Chalean Extreme as a starter to weights - it made me more comfortable with form when I started lifting heavier at the gym. Supreme 90 is cheap and a little boring, but it was fairly effective for an at home workout.
  • Laureen74
    Laureen74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Daily Burn now. Good home workouts. So far they have 8 different programs you can choose from. Inferno is like Insanity, Tactical Bodyweight Training uses Tabata and Yoga, 15 workouts for convenience, Move is african, hip-hop, latin, caribbean dance program, Intelliburn combines workouts for weight loss and toning, yoga, recovery and coming soon cardio sculpt. The trainers are good, they give cues throughout the workouts and there is beginnner, intermediate, and advance. It's worth the $30. Their are forums and ways to track your progress also.