Low Calorie Sweet Treats

Options
I admit it! I have a sweet tooth.
What are some Low Calorie Sweet Treats that you recommend.
I dont mind if you have to make it yourself :) Infact I love baking ... xx

Replies

• bwtj
    bwtj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Best thing ever is sugar free jelly. I add frozen berries, lemon juice and sweetener. It's about 20 calories a serving like this and yummy. Lst 27lbs in 10 weeks so it must be helping! Good luck. :happy:
  • yogamazinglife
    yogamazinglife Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love to bake too so I've had to find tons of lower calorie recipes!

Chocolate Mousse With Raspberries
    Ingredients
    (Serves 4) 80g 70% cocoa chocolate
    2 egg whites
    2 teaspoons sugar
    4 tablespoons/70g plain yogurt
    30 raspberries (appox 95g)

Break chocolate into a pirex jug and gently heat the jug in saucepan of water. When the chocolate is fully melted take the jug out of the saucepan and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
    Separate the egg yokes from the white. Add the sugar to the whites and whisk them until they become firm and form soft peaks as the whisk is removed.
    Add the chocolate to the yogurt and mix them together well.
    Fold the egg white into the chocolate yogurt and then spoon the mixture into ramekins or what ever bowls or glasses you have to hand. Refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours to allow it to set.
    Just before serving arrange the raspberries on top and use a potato peeler to create chocolate shavings for decoration.
    Nutritional Information
    (per serving)
    Calories: 145
    Protein: 5g
    Fat: 9g
    - Saturated: 5g
    - Cholesterol: 3mg
    Carbohydrate: 13g
    - Sugars: 10g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sodium: 52mg

Low GI Lemon Sponge Cake
    Ingredients
    (12 slices) ½ cup/100g caster sugar/superfine sugar
    ¼ cup/50g butter
    5 eggs (only use 3 egg yokes)
    ¾ cup/100g plain white flour
    ½ cup/50g ground almonds
    1 lemon
    a pinch of salt
    2½ teaspoons baking powder

Beat the butter and sugar together using a wooden spoon or an electic mixer until it is white. Add the 5 egg whites keeping back 3 of the egg yokes to add later.
    Whisk the egg whites with the butter and sugar until it is all mixed in. Continue to whisk the mixture to add some air making for a lighter cake.
    Grate the rind from half of the lemon then cut and juice the whole lemon. Add the lemon juice, rind, almonds, flour, baking powder and salt to the mixture along with the 3 egg yokes. Mix to a smooth paste with a wooden spoon.
    Grease two small cake tins with a little butter and dust them with flour. Pour the mixture equally into the two tins. Pre-heat an oven to 190°C/380°F/Gas Mark 5 and cook the cakes for 20 minutes. To avoid over cooking check them at 15 minutes. If they have taken on a golden color and make a hollow sound when tapped then they are done.
    Nutritional Information
    (per slice)
    Calories: 118
    Protein: 2g
    Fat: 6g
    - Saturated: 2g
    - Cholesterol: 9mg
    Carbohydrate: 16g
    - Sugars: 9g
    Fiber: 1g
    Sodium: 75mg

Probably have some more by the end of the day. :)
  • bekah1301
    bekah1301 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Same here! If I start eating chocolate I can't stop. But I agree with bwtj - jelly is great. You can have a really good portion for next to no calories or fat. I like adding peach slices to strawberry jelly.

Also, I find a big problem for me when I want something sweet is that it's over too soon, so finding things that last a while is a bonus - I like making ice lollies from sugar free/lite juice at home. (and if you really need to have 2 it's ok because it's pretty much just water anyway!)
  • jimjamjandles
    Options
    Thanks every one these all sound great!
    I have jelly in my cupboard which I will use with fresh feijoas (as they are madly in season over here at the moment!) :)
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love to bake too so I've had to find tons of lower calorie recipes!

Chocolate Mousse With Raspberries
    Ingredients
    (Serves 4) 80g 70% cocoa chocolate
    2 egg whites
    2 teaspoons sugar
    4 tablespoons/70g plain yogurt
    30 raspberries (appox 95g)

Break chocolate into a pirex jug and gently heat the jug in saucepan of water. When the chocolate is fully melted take the jug out of the saucepan and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
    Separate the egg yokes from the white. Add the sugar to the whites and whisk them until they become firm and form soft peaks as the whisk is removed.
    Add the chocolate to the yogurt and mix them together well.
    Fold the egg white into the chocolate yogurt and then spoon the mixture into ramekins or what ever bowls or glasses you have to hand. Refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours to allow it to set.
    Just before serving arrange the raspberries on top and use a potato peeler to create chocolate shavings for decoration.
    Nutritional Information
    (per serving)
    Calories: 145
    Protein: 5g
    Fat: 9g
    - Saturated: 5g
    - Cholesterol: 3mg
    Carbohydrate: 13g
    - Sugars: 10g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sodium: 52mg
    I like the sound of this nummmmmmmmy. Thanks
  • Loulouslim
    Options
    I agree with the jelly solution and if you want to make a bit different adds some low fat yog at the stage, when its just about to set and it will be more like a moose

Thanks
  • little_miss_magic
    Options
    This doesn't sound as exciting as some of the suggestions already made, but I have started eating a small lunch-box pack of raisins when I fancy something sweet. A small box has under 50 calories, so sometimes I even have two!
  • Funnydream
    Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I agree - the Jellies are wonderful. But surely I can't the only one who is sensitive to sorbitol? For me, the effects are far worse than the pleasure of eating the food with it in.
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    For shop bought treats I have

cadbury's light chocolate mouse 60cals
    Walls mini choc Twister ice cream 40cals
    Dark chocolate 2 finger kitkat 106cals

Homemade I make mini muffins with blueberries and vanilla, or raspberry and white choc chips. All about 100cals. Also Peanut butter and raisin cookies for 100cals each.
  • sorilue
    sorilue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of german chocolate pie. My low cal version is to take chocolate sugar free cook and serve pudding (made with fat free milk), a little bit of coconut and pecans mixed in with 2 tbsp. of lite cool whip on top. Comes to about 130 calories and satisfies that craving without the crust. You could also use the prepackages sugar free puddings.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Fruity Rice Cake

1 plain brown rice cake
    1 T weight watcher's whipped cream cheese
    1 T sugar free fruit preserves in any flavor
    1/2 sliced kiwi
    1-2 sliced strawberries

spread cream cheese and fruit preserves onto rice cake and top with fresh fruit. its sooooo delicious and comes in at about 100 calories.

i also use multigrain squares that are much like rice cakes and just spread a tblspoon of fruit preserves on there for a tasty dessert that's about 29 calories.

other ideas:
    strawberries drizzled with chocolate sauce
    fat-free sugar-free jell-o pudding
    Annie's organic bunnie friends cookies
    fresh fruit salad with a dollop of yogurt and honey
  • jimjamjandles
    Options
    Mini Peanut Butter Cookie Tarts
    (Makes 12)
    12 Choc Chip Biscuits
    1 1/2 Tablespoons Crunchy Peanut Butter
    125gm Brought Chocolate Mousse
    1/2 of a 30gm Flake Chocolate Bar

Step1 - Place biscuits in microwave (HIGH) for 1 minute, until softened. Press Biscuits into holes of a 12 hole mini muffin tin. Stand for 5 -10 mins until cool and firm

Step 2 - Spread 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter over each cookie base. Place mousse in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon or Pipe Mousse over Peanut Butter.
    Sprinkle with Flakes

(PLEASE NOTE: this is a NZ Recipe :))
    Per Serve
    66 Calories
    Protein 2g
    Total Fat 3g
    Sat Fat 1g
    Carbs 10g
    Sugars 4g
    Sodium 20mg
    Calcium 20mg
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Bump for later
  • styanne
    styanne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you could try adding sugar free fizzy drink to a sugar free jelly and have fizzy jelly. it is lovely
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I just recently found something called "litehouse yogurt fruit dip." it comes in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla flavors and you can find it around the fruit. 2 Tbsp of chocolate is 120 and 2 Tbsp of strawberry is 70 calories. Every night, since I found this, I have had 1 Tbsp of each and then I dip strawberries in it and it is so good. Having that little bit of chocolate gives me the perfect chocolate fix and they have just the right amount of sweetness to fulfill your sweet tooth! These will be a staple in my fridge, now. Also, if you have a pretty powerful mixer/ blender you can take a cup to cup and a half of any frozen fruit you like and a cup of soy milk and blend it until it turns into a soft serve ice cream. My favorite is frozen peaches, vanilla soy milk, and maybe a tsp of vanilla! Peach soft serve ice cream, YUM!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump.... thanks
  • hollylovestango
    hollylovestango Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi im 13 i use myfitnesspall and it works wonders all these ive used there great as i live to cook i would use them even if your not on a diet there sooo yummy. my favorte was the jelly and fizzy sugar free pop xx oh by the way ive lost 4lbin 3 weeks ! xxx :wink: