A bit downhearted this week :-(

Options
The first 2 weeks of my diet I lost a kilo each week - I only wanted to lose 3.5 kilos (previously got to goal on WW - I'm catching my creeping weight before it gets too high again) so I was really close to my goal but last week I put on a kilo!!

There are only 2 explanations - either I wasn't eating enough (was well over 1200 every day but I did a lot of exercise and was sometimes a couple hundred calories under my net goal) or its water retention from TOTM. I'm really hoping the second as I can't think of any reason I would be putting on weight again! So depressing!!

:sad:

Replies

• justesje
    justesje Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Don't be disheartened. I had the same problem. Are you eating the calories you burn through exercise? Try not to focus so much on the weight loss initially. If you have a scale that measures your Body Fat %, then that is better or take your measurements with a good old tape measure. If your clothes fit better then something positive is happening. If it is TOTM, then don't worry, it will pass in a week and you will see a bigger drop in weight.

At least you started off and actually lost some weight. I found that the more exercise I did, The more weight I gained. I gained about 3pounds when I started due to muscle weight. I had to consume close to 2500 calories according to my nutrition plan (not MFP) in order to fuel my body for the 2hrs of working out I was doing each day. I cut it down to 40mins to 1hr everyday and let MFP calculate my caloric intake. I now eat 1200 everyday plus the calories gained through exercise. IT WORKS!

Stay positive, you will start to see results.
  • raqattack8
    Options
    There are many factors when adding more to the scales, you have to consider water, time of month, if you just ate, stress, muscle weighs more than fat etc etc. I know I weighed myself and lost 6 kg only to find the next week I put on 4kg but I put into my mind all those factors and did not let it let me down as I know the main goal is to be fit, happy and healthy... just remember you are on the right path if you are looking after yourself and that is the main thing, weight will come along with it, it may just take time
    If you ever want someone to talk to or some guidance I am here.
    Cheers Raquel
  • monkey72
    monkey72 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks all - I always weigh myself at the same time of the day and week (Sat morning, first thing before breakfast) so its not affected by what's in my stomach.

Just gutted cos I'd been doing so well and taking a step backwards was annoying. Heres hoping it comes off this week....
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    The first 2 weeks of my diet I lost a kilo each week - I only wanted to lose 3.5 kilos (previously got to goal on WW - I'm catching my creeping weight before it gets too high again) so I was really close to my goal but last week I put on a kilo!!

There are only 2 explanations - either I wasn't eating enough (was well over 1200 every day but I did a lot of exercise and was sometimes a couple hundred calories under my net goal) or its water retention from TOTM. I'm really hoping the second as I can't think of any reason I would be putting on weight again! So depressing!!

:sad:

I gain 2-3 pounds a week before my TOM no matter what I eat. Then, I lose it about 3 days into my period. Don't stress about it. It's just something we have to live with. The good news is you'll probably be down lower than before once it's over.