I'm so mad with myself :-(

Options
This is the 2nd night in a row I have binged.. I'm not saying 'binged' lightly either. Some people can have a pkt of crisps or a bar of chocolate and feel ok to continue as normal, some may even be able to have a cheeky takeaway and simply get bck on track the next day. I have come to accept I JUST CAN NOT! I have an addictive personality and must see junk food like any other addiction I have battled. Since completing my food diary today Ihave eaten: *3 pkts of wotsits *5 chocolate biscuits *usual rice, curry & naan from indian and salty popcorn. I'm not sure why I go so far as actually BINGE EAT but I know I no longer am willing to do this. I have put on nearly 10 stone in the last ten years and need to delve deeper then just the food side of things as since being a teenager I have been addicted to something and just keep replacing one addiction with another. I shall leave this here for now and just try and move forward from the last 2 nights in the hope it makes me stronger/more determined to do better from now on.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Always remember that tomorrow is another day to start over again.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to go through the kitchen and trash all junk food.
    Good luck!
  • cardio_fiend
    Options
    Always remember that tomorrow is another day to start over again.

Agreed with above. It'll be a new day:-)
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    It is n't the stuff in the kitchen that is the problem - it' the stuff in the petrol station

Anyway, Guilt is The Devil's best weapon.

Confess all to your MFP-Confessor and adjust calories for the week.
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I used to be a binge eater myself. You need to get down to some serious self reflection and take care of what the REAL CAUSE of your eating problem is. Get professional help if you can't figure it out on your own.

I didn't realize it until a few months ago that I was eating away the very deep sadness I was feeling about the loss of my Step Father nearly 6 years ago. It occurred to me one day that instead of grieving over missing him, I was actually just eating it away instead.
    When this hit me, I cried for days on end, and did a lot of soul searching. Now here I am on the other side and I have not had the urges to Binge, not once. This is just my story, but seriously, if you want to truly loose the weight then you must dig deep and find the true cause before you can start the process. Like I said, if you don't know then you need to find someone who can help you find out.
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    Thanks.. Ur right I know.
    One good thing is it took 10 days before I messed up as normally I have messed up day 1
    Oh and the old me would of deleted and started again but I want to face up to what I have done as opposed to pretending it never happend.
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It's never easy tackling a deep seated issue with food. You have to want to do this MORE than you want to binge eat.
    Just think how good it would feel to know that you have the control over food not the other way round.
    I would argue that food is the hardest addiction to have as you are faced with it every day and you need it to live, unlike other substances. But there's no packet of crisps or chocolate bar that beats the feeling of success when you start to feel good about yourself and your relationship with food. If you want this badly enough you'll just do it.
    Wishing you success
    X
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you acknowledge that you have addictive food behaviors and eat compulsively, I recommend checking out Overeaters Anonymous meetings. If you have tried every diet ever, gain and lost weight repeatedly and every other trick in the book, going to a few free 1 hour meetings seems pretty reasonable.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Don't over stress yourself about that! Just focus on the next day. Remind yourself why you are doing this and just breathe. I found that every time I freaked out about slipping a little bit I end up stopping the whole work out/diet plan. I am doing better this time by not stressing when I go over my limit. And the next day I usually do pretty good.
  • debbiejojo
    Options
    I agree with other posts. Tomorrow is a new day. Don't let your tomorrow's cost you 18 mths of additional weight and mental unhappiness. That is what happened to me. Start over, get back in the zone and stay in touch with people on this site. I just re-started one week ago and have 70lbs to go!! We can do this!! I'd love new MFP friends -- so please connect!!
  • NormalizeJac
    Options
  • mwownbey
    Options
    I have issues with wanting to binge in the evening too. I cleaned out my kitchen so if I really want to eat all there is to choose from is fruit, fruit and more fruit. I have started trying to do my excercising in the evening when I want to sit and watch TV. This seems to help keep me on track. You need to find something to occupy your mind. When my mind becomes idle it turns to food!!!!

You have to put the last two days behind you and start fresh!!! You can do this!!!!!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    We've all been there, tomorrow is a new day!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I ate 4 Hawaiian Sweet rolls my boys left out on the counter. I am good if food is put away in the pantry, but sometimes when it is laying out on the table for the taking, I slip.
    I am lazy like that. This is one of the few times being lazy actually comes in handy.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

Yep. Just throw it out. Then don't buy it again. And cook for yourself if you can. That makes it harder to binge.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I get in that mode and it is an addiction for sure. It is all in your head and if you can do something to distract you, to possibly fill that void with somethign else, like a hobby or do some exersice. You can break it. You are stronger that that. do you have mini goals? Take a look at the list and try to get to them.
    You need to change your mind set, you are the boss not your cravings.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you acknowledge that you have addictive food behaviors and eat compulsively, I recommend checking out Overeaters Anonymous meetings. If you have tried every diet ever, gain and lost weight repeatedly and every other trick in the book, going to a few free 1 hour meetings seems pretty reasonable.

Agree with this. Some behaviors require help to get over.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    buckle down, hope for a better day, if you are going to binge, go work it off!
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Reset yourself and try to figure out what is causing the binge. Sometimes it's not "just because you like it", especially if it is frequent!!!
  • nje444
    nje444 Posts: 62
    Options
    Don't be mad at yourself. That won't get you anywhere.
    Honestly, it may sound silly but try gum. When I want to eat for no apparent reason, I pop some gum in my mouth and it usually satisfies whatever is happening :)