Motivation

Options
Good Day everyone!!!:smile: Well I have been dieting for about 3 months now.:flowerforyou: And have lost 20lbs.:blushing: I 'm feeling depressed & having no motivation!!!:yawn: What are some ideas you have to get through this??? I really don't want to quit BUT this feeling SUCKS!!!! :mad: I like how I feel when I'm losing weight & how my clothes fit so I'm not understanding this feeling!!!! :grumble:

I get up in the morning & don't feel like doing anything!!! This feeling isn't normal for me so I don';t know whats going on!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS:))) :smooched: :heart:

Replies

• sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    as bad as it sounds, i think sometimes you can't wait for that feeling to overcome you. sometimes you just have to go through the motions that you KNOW will get you to your goal, and eventually, when you see progress again, you will get excited again.

don't give up!!!
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    yesss dont give up :)

I think ur diet is hard & u r feeling weak & lethargic add some healthy stuff. i am guessing u r not doing exercise cz if u were doing u wuldnt have felt disappointment & depressed seriously
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    I found going for a walk everyday really gets my energy up. It's hard to get out the door, but once I'm out it's no big deal! Start at 10 minutes a day! EVERY DAY! Knowing I am doing something everyday makes me feel so accomplished! Like I'm doing it!
  • LisaM_9
    LisaM_9 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think it is hard sometimes, especially if you haven't seen alot of movement lately. Things I have done;

Maybe give yourself little rewards... like maybe if i work out 3 x this week, I can get a manicure and maybe if meet my goals for the month (i.e, time exercising or #s lost, or inches lost) give yourself a little treat.

Sometimes being too restrictive of yourself can also cause you to feel little depressed. If you can let yourself do it with moderation (that's the key! :wink: ) maybe a sweet treat that you like after you make your weekly goal... like a coffee or a couple cookies whatever that little thing is that you miss. Main thing is don't overdo, but give yourself something to work for.

Measurements helped me keep going too when weight wasn't making a big shift... I would measure myself monthly and even seeing a half inch gone somewhere always was a nice thing.

As for exercise... maybe what you are doing is boring you or not motivating you... try something different, maybe a Zumba class or swim or run do something you haven't done before, you might like it! And if exercise is just draining you, a nice walk is a good thing - gives you perspective, but gentle on you, and you are exercising and calories are being burned... count it. Have someone come with you having someone either walk with you or workout can help that too.

Food - maybe look up new recipes or foods to try - that might help too to change it up and get you excited to see what options are there...

Main thing is it is a lifestyle change, and as in life in all aspects, sometimes you just have to change it up abit. You are doing great... look at your pictures, keep focused on how good you feel. you will push through!
  • LisaM_9
    Options
    Throwing one more out there... I started to lose focus on exercising ... so I am kind of a goal oriented person, so I signed up for a race... that kept me going out to run, cause I wanted to do well. Then after that run, I signed up for another, and wanted to do better :) For me - that helps alot!:happy:
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    You lost 20lbs already, that's motivation to me!! Keep doing what you are doing and you'll easily double it!
  • brenda446
    Options
    Thank you for all the feed back!!!! I am going to do this!!! And together we can all do it!!! I know this is a BIG change & it will take time, but it just seems that you work at it & see nothing, but I will do measurements & see if that will help. I love to walk so that will be a good thing. I get tired of eating the same things because I run out of ideas but I will work on that also!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!~!!!!! You are all AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LisaM_9
    Options
    Pinterest has some really good recipes... my husband and I are trying to lose and I agree eating the same thing does get old. But I am enjoying finding some new meals to try and it's been kind of fun. Hang in there you are doing great!
  • brenda446
    Options
    Thank you I will look in to that site!!! Good Luck on your weight loss!!!
  • peilover010202
    peilover010202 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    try www.skinnytaste.com too. I've tried several of her recipes and they are all yummy! And, it's pushed me to try new recipes/foods that I otherwise wouldn't have even thought about (like the spaghetti boats on there. YUMMMM!!)

I also like to check in here on days that I just really don't feel like exercising. I see everyone's progress, what helps them stay motivated. And, then I decide that it's time to start working for it. =)
  • sjohnny732
    Options
    Just putting my sneakers on changes my mood drastically. Such a simple resolution to feeling lazy or unmotivated.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It could be the time of year. Apparently the 3rd Monday in January is supposed to be the worst day for feeling down? I think that's next Monday, but it's close enough! I would say that losing 20lbs in 3 months is pretty good, I think that's about what I did in the first 3 month, maybe less. Keep it up, it seems like it takes ages, but suddenly you realise that you're looking a lot better and loads has gone.
  • becujo
    becujo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    20 lbs in 3 mths is awesome! It gives me hope that I can achieve the same. Today I worry its gonna take me all year just to lose 10 ha.