Food Tracking

Options
What are your opinions of going over your intake for one day but instead of logging tho whole thing for that one day, hopping to the next day & log it there.
For example, today I wanted ice cream & I couldn't fight it (although, why should I? Because 1) I like it & 2) if I didn't get it today, I would have gotten it tomorrow.))
I ate the entire pint, I know I'm a fatty, and logged only half of what I ate & now I'm done for the day. Then I clicked over to tomorrow & logged the other half. I've never really done it & don't plan on making it a habit, but I think it might be better than going over today & tomorrow, maybe on accident. So tomorrow when I wake up I can be more mind full of what I'm eating & be sure to not eat as much.

Opinions??

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous. Log it the day you eat it. Don't play games with yourself.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That makes no sense to me. You ate it today log it today. No one will come to your house and arrest you for going over calories today. Why not log it next month or next year then? Why log it at all if we're going to pretend we didn't eat it today? Log it when you eat it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Your body knows. Doesn't matter how tricky you get. Why make it that complicated? Just log it when you eat it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    hmm,,,,, i log it all before i do it, then i stick with it,,,, BUT FOR THAT DAY ONLY!
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    All these haters. LOL if it works for you DO IT! I previously had a big problem with binge eating, and one of the things I would do, is after a bad binge one night, the next day I would do a huge workout, say an Insanity vid and then a long run, and I would log my HRM calories for the previous day. It would 'even out' my binge, and then I felt like I could start fresh that day without as much regret. People won't always see the logic in what you do, but if it works at the moment who cares?!?!

I can see what you are saying, and I could see how that could get out of control....but like you said, you don't plan to make a habit out of it so I don't think your too crazy :~)
  • BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    All these haters. LOL if it works for you DO IT! I previously had a big problem with binge eating, and one of the things I would do, is after a bad binge one night, the next day I would do a huge workout, say an Insanity vid and then a long run, and I would log my HRM calories for the previous day. It would 'even out' my binge, and then I felt like I could start fresh that day without as much regret. People won't always see the logic in what you do, but if it works at the moment who cares?!?!

I can see what you are saying, and I could see how that could get out of control....but like you said, you don't plan to make a habit out of it so I don't think your too crazy :~)

*breaathhhhee*

lol thanks =)
  • BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was definitely expecting a different response, but I ~understand~ what everyone is saying.

...That being said, I'm still going to do it for this time but keep it in mind for next time =P