How often should you weigh yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• NicoleS107
    NicoleS107 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In my humble opinion, if you check your bank account everyday, you should check your weight everyday. Some people get discouraged when they look at their bank account, but you still have to check and make sure everything is as it should be. Some people get discouraged when they check their weight everyday, but you still have to do it.
  • bbelles1
    bbelles1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the feedback. I am going to try the once a week approach. I think it suits me best. As long as I am working out and eating right and staying under my calorie goal for the day, I think once a week is adequate.
  • nhughes1864
    nhughes1864 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I weigh on the same day of the week at the same time of day wearing the same clothing. I also go to Curves and they weigh and measure once a month but I always have to do that in the evening and I've found I weigh less in the morning. Now I'm doing Curves Complete and so now I weigh at Curves once a week but I still weigh at home too.
  • orchidmother
    orchidmother Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost daily. Here is why. I used to go in to get weighed weekly or monthly. This made it too tempting to slack off early in the week and starve myself later in the week so I could be sure to have a loss... Weiging myself daily keeps me accountable every day. :D
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Generally every day I wake up after I pee, in the nude.
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I do it a few times a week, mainly because I find it literally depends on what you have to eat the day before and particularly with women, what part of the month. If I did it once a week I believe I would think im putting on loads if it went up, so I like to average out a bit but dont get too stressed when it goes up minimal amounts, its normally water weight!
  • hopetoachieve
    hopetoachieve Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss! I have 60 pounds to lose and in 2 weeks I have only lost 5 pounds.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It used to be several times per week, but I only record once - first thing Friday morning. Now my scale is hidden in the closet so I'm not tempted to hop on it more often. I also track and record my measurements on a monthly basis. That helps me stay motivated even if the scale isn't moving.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss! I have 60 pounds to lose and in 2 weeks I have only lost 5 pounds.

5 lbs. in two weeks is a great achievement!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Once a week on same day/time and of course naked;)
  • Liz12mae
    Liz12mae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Once a week on same day/time and of course naked;)

agreed
  • mckramer1999
    mckramer1999 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do it a few times a week, mainly because I find it literally depends on what you have to eat the day before and particularly with women, what part of the month. If I did it once a week I believe I would think im putting on loads if it went up, so I like to average out a bit but dont get too stressed when it goes up minimal amounts, its normally water weight!

I agree
  • idziak04
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but I do not let myself get discouraged by the number on the scale.