Pollock?? How the heck do I cook it??

Options
aleyjewell
aleyjewell Posts: 65 Member
So I have been trying to eat more fish and pollock was on sale. Before really thinking it through, I tossed it in the cart. Now I have been googling recipes and have come up with very little.

Any ideas?

Replies

• 91MoreRep91
    Options
    Saute

1. Mix 1 cup flour with 2 tbsp. seasoning salt, garlic powder and black pepper.

2. Rinse 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. pollock under cool water.

3. Coat each piece of fish with the seasoned flour and set aside on a plate.

4. Place 2 tbsp. butter and 2 tbsp. oil in a skillet. Turn the heat to medium. Push the butter around the skillet until it melts and blends with the oil.

5.Add a couple of pollock fillets to the hot skillet and adjust the heat to high. Let the fish brown for about three minutes before flipping over and browning the opposite side for three minutes.

6. Remove the fish from the pan and place it on a plate. Add oil and butter as needed to the skillet before adding another batch of raw pollock. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 as necessary until all the fish has been cooked.

You can always use vegetable shortening instead of butter and Canola oil is your friend :)
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds kind of heavy in fat.

You're from Minnesota. Cook as you would a Walleye Pike!
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    with any white fish I love following this recipe http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/skinny-tuna-noodle-casserole.html#more
    Obviously substituting the tuna for flaked white fish :) I don't like tuna but love most other fish!

It tastes like a yummy fish pie!
  • 91MoreRep91
    Options
    Wow, that sounds kind of heavy in fat.

You're from Minnesota. Cook as you would a Walleye Pike!

How so?
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i really like fish cooked in coconut oil, gives it a kinda sweet taste