FED UP ...

Options
I'm eating much healthier but ive lost big fat 0 !!
Its really depressing when your tummy demanding food but nothing is really happening... you still fat and unhappy... Dont really see a point of continuing any diets as nothing is helping.
My goal is to eat 1200 cal a day and it is really unlikely now for me to go over it but still nothing... So depressed... I want to close the door and hide from everyone.. No one to see my fat body...

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You say you are eating healthier and that's great....but since we cant see your diary, we cant offer suggestions.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    May I ask how long you have been at 1200? Also, why only 1200 calories? What's your BMR?
  • meangrl29
    meangrl29 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had the same thinghappen this week. don't give up. I usually lose a few lbs one week & then nothing the next two. I am not giving up this time. I have gotten past the cravings & I don't want to start all over. Good Luck. you should have your diary public. you may get some helpful advice. someone may see something your not seeing.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Options
    By the way, you are beautiful! Don't be ashamed of your body!
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How long have you been working on diet? Do you work out ...I see you mention surgeries on profile. You are going through rough spot, but way too young to give up on yourself...and you are down right beautiful...so keep smiling! You can complain to us "-)
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    More than likely you actually need to INCREASE your calorie intake.... too often we perceive eating less with weighing less and its actually wrong. When you don't put enough into your body you activate starvation mode. This means all those good nutritious things you're putting into your body are actually being stored as fat (or some of it) because your body is unsure of when it will eat next. Increase to 1400 a day for a week I bet you'll lose a pound, and make sure to hit that 1400 everyday dont think being under is great its really not
  • Befitwithandy
    Befitwithandy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dont give up now! I happen to be a personal trainer and help people just like you day in and day out to lose weight. I am in the process myself of losing weight afer having an injury. Friend me on here and I will help keep ya motivated and see what and how you are eating!!! You can do this!! Promise!! Keep your head up!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You probably need to eat more.

If you want, check out this link by MFPer Heliotsdan - It'll give you a detailed walkthrough (with pictures even) on finding your TDEE and calculating what you should be eating.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Or for a different version to figure out your TDEE, as well as some great advice...check out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833500-what-do-i-do-common-sense-cliff-notes

Also, if you are worried about the calorie intake, I also suggest you read this thread that has numerous people who met their goals and are maintaining. Some for years and they also provide their calorie intake and how often they work out.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/816542-let-s-hear-it-for-maintainenance

For more information about fitness and nutrition, I highly suggest checking out and joining this group: (Read all the stickies. It's great information to know.)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

For info about your macros (proteins/fats/carbs) - check out this link. It will give you the formula to figure out your #s and also how to custom change them in MFP:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

For those eating below their BMR (which I think 1200 is below your BMR to be honest), not going to preach at you, but here's something you might want to look at:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81391-starvation-mode-myths-and-science

Yes, this is can all be overwhelming and complicated , but you are more than welcome to ask questions on the post.
    One of the things that I have found that has been one of the best methods for me to get fit is to understand fitness. To understand where all these figures, etc come from.

The good thing is once you get the hang of it - it is something you'll be aware of constantly and you'll get a better understanding about your eating habits.

So I HIGHLY suggest making the effort to take every chance to educate yourself. Even if you don't end up going with any of these methods, calculations, etc - at least you understand what they are, where others are coming from, and maybe they will still be able to help you figure out what is best for you.
  • stopbeingFatPiggy
    Options
    You say you are eating healthier and that's great....but since we cant see your diary, we cant offer suggestions.

I second that - let us help - Like I LOVE LUCY "WE ARE FRIENDS OF THE FRIENDLESS YES WE ARE YES WE ARE"

well not exactly but would like to help
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
  • jeckalynne
    Options
    Yup I agree with everyone. When you hit a wall, increase calories. It works.
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary but your profile says you skip meals. Are you eating all your food at night in one sitting? I would consider increasing your daily intake to 1400-1500.... BUT... you need to eat at least three times a day. You may be killing your metabolism.

Don't give up! That's the only way to be assured you will fail! Add me if you want
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    This happens all too often.
    1. Person joins MFP.
    2. "I wanna lose 2lbs a week"
    3. MFP says "1200 calories"
    4. Person eats under 1200 calories.
    5. No weight loss.

So now comes the science.

You need to figure out your BMR and TDEE. Your BMR is what you would be fed in a hospital, if you were in a coma, in order to just maintain essential body functions. If you're eating below that, you aren't doing yourself any favors.

When the engine in your car is out of petrol (I checked, you're in EN, it's petrol there), the engine stops. Calories are your petrol. If you want your body to work efficiently, you have to remain fueled up, right?

So, your TDEE is how many calories you're burning daily. If you eat at your TDEE, you don't lose, you don't gain. Miracle maintenance numbers.

Eating at a deficit of your TDEE is recommended. I shoot for 20% less than TDEE.

So, here's your chance to figure out these numbers... update your goals here... eat more... and start losing again while not starving. Your energy level will go up.. and you'll appreciate the little things. Like, for me, my stache grew out and was super shiny.

No, for real. It was.
  • Angie1366
    Options
    Research 5:2 diet - or intermittent fasting?
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    ^^^ What everyone else said. Calculate your TDEE and subtract 10-20%.

And keep in mind that you may not lose pounds but you may be losing inches. Take note of your belt loops and bra straps, people!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i posted this exact same thing on another thread today... but it applies here too.

--

please take the time to figure out your BMR/TDEE and set your calorie according to that.

alot of people see "1200 calories" written on other sites and assume it's a magical number for "dieting". it's not.

take a look at the information in the Eat, Train, Progress group and setup your calorie deficit and macro targets according to that info.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

good luck.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Options

I second that - let us help - Like I LOVE LUCY "WE ARE FRIENDS OF THE FRIENDLESS YES WE ARE YES WE ARE"

well not exactly but would like to help
    Lol an I Love Lucy reference. FTW!
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Options
    BTW, everyone posting the In Place of a Road Map link is right. This is very good advice. Posts like yours come up several times a day, and this is the answer they get. It is fantastic advice. Take it.
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said!! EAT MORE!!! I was stalling or losing and gaining right back. I started eating right above my BMR and BAM, losing again! You may see a tiny gain the first few days your body is coming out of what is essentially starvation mode and realizing there will always be more food but then you should start losing. I upped my cals by over 400 from what MFP was telling me to eat.

Here is a link that you can go to to get your BMR and TDEE in one place at the same time. They are the same as what I got on fat to fit radio but its easy and in one step. http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx

Listen to the explanation trogalicious gave you. Don't get overwhelmed trying to figure it out! Get your #s and do what he said, its easy!
  • agatasz
    agatasz Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you so much guys !!!
    Problem is that im not eating enough :( Today I had only 802 cal.. I know that this is bad but Im getting scared that if I will eat anything else I will go over any everything will be pear shape ..
    My BMI saying that Im obese and I cannot stand it !!! :(