Whats your drink of choice?

Options
So I am trying to make some big changes because I only have 7 lbs left to loose... and it isn't coming off through normal means. I have considered not drinking all together and while a couple years from now I can see that being realistic... right now it just isn't. I usually have 3-6 drinks once a week (bud light). I am going to cut down to once every 2 weeks and change away from the beer I love so much. What are some drinks that YOU all like that are better for you than my beloved bud light?

Replies

• ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Rum and diet coke has about 65 calories.

I'm not a rum drinker though. Gag. I like my Bug Light too. Have you tried the Bud Select 55? 55 Calories! I don't know how it tastes though. I have tried the MGD64... it wasn't too bad for 64 calories..

I need to stop drinking too. :o|
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I duno if it's better for ya, but I drink Bacardo and Diet 7up.

I do have wine most weekends though :0)
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    We buy the Bud Select 55, and it's not bad at all.

Sometimes we'll do Johnny Walker and diet Vanilla Coke. We don't drink very often though.
  • bekah1301
    bekah1301 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like my vodka and diet coke. Used to be a big fan of white/rose wine until I realised just how many calories it was adding :( Now I only have a glass of wine every once in while as a treat.
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Red Wine! I love red wine. If we are out for an evening I can sip a couple of glasses of red wine over the whole night. If I were drinking beer or mixed drinks I find I do it in a little more excess ( I think because they don't taste as good if you sip them over extended periods of time).
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I like wine spritzer which is half the wine and seltzer (i liked the flavored ones). It's like drinking champagne with the bubbles, but half the calories.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    recently got into it - vodka mojito's - super refreshing in the summer too.

1 oz vodka
    lime juice
    fresh mint (mash the mint and lime and vodka to release the flavors
    a dash of sweetner (equal/xylotol/stevia whatever you want to use)
    perrier or sparkling water of choice (not club soda because of the sodium content)
  • shanman
    shanman Posts: 16
    Options
    Jameson and water. As low cal as I can get.

But I do drink far more red wine than I should.
  • Moneygrow3
    Options
    I used to be a MAJOR Bud Light drinker.... switched to Bud Select 55..... not a bad taste and does the trick on a stressful day! Skinny girl Margarita's are great too!!! I did cut having a drink for a week and i did lose 2 lbs that week! Good Luck!
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I used to drink amazing, delicious beers but really cut down on the drinking the last two months. Last night I had some Bud Lights with a buddy while watching the game and they tasted like water haha, blech. But it worked out and I stayed in my calories, even though I had to sacrifice flavor. This coming Saturday I'll be tailgating at a horse race and plan on bringing my own cocktail pitcher to share. I'll either be making island limeade (you take boiled water and add a little sugar, cool it, then mix with fresh lime juice, and add dark rum--put lime slices in to make it gorgeous!) or a "Cran Razzy" (frozen/fresh rasperries, rasberry seltzer water, lime juice and wedges, and vodka). Both are great, the first is about 180cal and the second is like 160, but you don't go through them as quickly as beers because....well you'd be wasted.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    budlight select 55 or budlight limes both great and im not a beer person but will only drink these! :love:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I don't see how drinking only 1x/week or 1x/2 weeks is going to sabotage your diet. I'd say drink the beer that you like, and just plan around those days eating a little better or exercise more to counter the beer.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys :D Might try some of these this saturday at the kentucky Derby party we are attending.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I don't see how drinking only 1x/week or 1x/2 weeks is going to sabotage your diet. I'd say drink the beer that you like, and just plan around those days eating a little better or exercise more to counter the beer.

Usually I do exercise extra and fit it into my day... but I need to change things up I feel like because I am sitting happily at 141 and don't want to be there.... I heard that beer can hinder weight loss (could be a complete lie) more so that liquers.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    When I drink (about 1-2 drink a month) it has to be tasty (I don't do low cal) it's either Guiness, Sam Adams, New Belgiums Mothership Wit, or a really good red wine. Holidays I usually have mead or spiced red wine. I know this doesn't help you out too much...but I'd rather spend my cals on something really tasty once a month than have some pretty crappy beer every week.